Oz passport

Guest OZ_71

Guest OZ_71

Hi guys

Just a quickie. My parents (British) went to Australia in 69 had me in 71 and came back in 74. I managed to obtain an Australian passport when I was 18.

My question is, does having the passport make a possible immigration easier or more complicated?

many thanks

Steve

Guest OZ_71
Ummm if you have an Australian passport you have to be a citizen and you don't need to emigrate, you already have the right to live there.

Nope I think you'll find I dont have automatic right to live there or thats how I read it on the Australian Embassy website.

got thif the embassy site in Uk

People born in Australia before 20 August 1986 became Australian citizens by birth unless one parent was entitled to diplomatic privileges and immunities or was a consular officer of a foreign country.

Give them a call if you're not sure, but they don't give out Aussie passports to people who are not entitled to have them, ie citizens

Guest OZ_71

It is my understanding that even though I have a passport it doesnt entitle me to residency in Australia. But yes I will have to give them a call. Many thanks.

Guest jill wright

I think your right OZ-71

Our friends emigrated to brisbane two years ago. Craig had been born in Australia (born in sixties) but still had to go through the strict emigration process. Good luck anyway and who knows I may be wrong

Jill

Guest sarahsmartiepants

You can only get an oz passport if you are a citizen, as you were born here you are!

Just rock up, show your passport!

sarah

mind you you will probably have to get visas for any family members that are not citizens

Guest sarahsmartiepants
I think your right OZ-71

Our friends emigrated to brisbane two years ago. Craig had been born in Australia (born in sixties) but still had to go through the strict emigration process. Good luck anyway and who knows I may be wrong

Jill

had his passport run out maybe?

sarah