Woodcroft College R-12

snifter

Does anyone have any experience of this school or kids gone to it or still attending?

I hear good things but was wondering if anyone had personal experience of it.

Thanks in advance.

ETA - Am trawling old threads on this forum also so hopefully will find what I am after from the past year or so there.

Guest Carlislecaz

My friends daughter goes there and seems to have only good things to say about it, obviously there's always issues at one time or another with girls being horrible to each other but generally I think she's happy with the e

standard of education...

Guest Guest75

Our daughter attended a few years ago for 6 years.

It's an impressive school.

Good values for a private school.

The pupils recieve a very balanced education. I was impressed on my first visit by how polite the pupils were.

In the later year groups there is a fair bit of pressure and homework.

Our daughter would regularly bring home 4 hours of homework per night.

There seems to be a real pressure to get every pupil into Uni.

The outdoor activities / camps are very good.

And then there is the hand always held out for the latest Building Fund or whatever....

Guest lollypops1

I know someone whose son goes there and hes not getting good grades. Am a firm believer that if a chikd wants to learn they will whether you pay alot of money or not. My daughter goes to aberfoyle and gets A grades

Guest Carlislecaz

My experience of the private schools is they do want there kids to achieve so there's a lot of help and support available which you just don't get the same in the public system

My friends daughter goes there and seems to have only good things to say about it, obviously there's always issues at one time or another with girls being horrible to each other but generally I think she's happy with the e

standard of education...

Thanks. I realise whichever school you can find problems arise. We've had a few at current school which haven't really been within the schools control (nor child related) but its proved rather a concern for the first term and though they have done their best to resolve it, we still feel a bit in limbo and can only sit and wait to see what happens.

Our daughter attended a few years ago for 6 years.

It's an impressive school.

Good values for a private school.

The pupils recieve a very balanced education. I was impressed on my first visit by how polite the pupils were.

In the later year groups there is a fair bit of pressure and homework.

Our daughter would regularly bring home 4 hours of homework per night.

There seems to be a real pressure to get every pupil into Uni.

The outdoor activities / camps are very good.

And then there is the hand always held out for the latest Building Fund or whatever....

The outdoor/camps are of interest. Am looking to more than just the academic of course, so want to try to find something with a good balance.

Whichever private school I figure they are all after some dosh for whatever new thing needs funding. And same for uni, they want good results as of course, it brings in more pupils. The more they can get into uni (or at least get the results for) the better.

I know someone whose son goes there and hes not getting good grades. Am a firm believer that if a chikd wants to learn they will whether you pay alot of money or not. My daughter goes to aberfoyle and gets A grades

Thanks for that. I realise not all children are the same and each will learn and want to learn differently.

I'm interested in Woodcroft so was wanting feedback about the school in general, how it's run, the feel of the place and so on. It's always good to hear if kids are happy at a school or not as for me that can have a big impact on how children do also.

• 1 month later...
Guest cbeeb

I have just removed my child as he was miserable there, a girl from his old school has also been taken out. He was not getting challenged enough and was getting too many worksheets. It definitely suits some but in a lot of instances they seemed to be working to the slowest in the class. I had high hopes, but for mine they were not realised.

• 2 months later...
Guest Husky

My son started this year at woodcroft college in year 8 and is absolutely thriving. After 6 years in a mediocre state school (and that's being generous)..its great to see him so inspired,confident and a mind of (sometimes) useless information. I would recommend it. I only wish he had gone there in year 6 and not wasted precious time doing nothing for the last 2 years in primary school..he knew his times tables by heart in year 3 but was still doing them at the end of year 7.

Edited by Husky