Packing/removals??

Guest barry family

Guest barry family

Hi can somebody please tell me - can i pack my own boxes ready for removal men to put into container?

I have been told by someone that i can not pack my own boxes and that the removal firms have to box everything, even wrapping furniture in bubble wrap can not be done by me but by removal firm? But when i was watching "wanted down under" last week the couple were packing all their own items and using bubble wrap, then the men came and put it in container ready for shipping!

So this makes me question which is correct!!!

Any info would be greatly appreciated

thanks

amanda

Hi Amanda.

You can pack your own stuff however the removals company have to sign off what is being shipped and that everything corresponds with what is claimed to be shipped. I have been busy recording and packing records as we have a collection 5-6k strong (all12 inch too) into strong plastic crates so I know they are safe and have minimal risk of damage. The removals company have asked I leave all boxes unsealed so they can inspect quickly to see the crates only contain records before loading.

The only other things they suggested we could pack would be anything back into its original box, for us this is a fair bit as I tend to keep original boxes in the loft.

Finally if you pack your own goods, no removals co. will insure the load.

Best of luck.

S

Guest barry family

Thanks S

for your reply, think with that in mind I will get a company to pack for me.

When are you planning on moving over? we are within 5 months.

Guest barry family

Oh right think I get it now, I can pack my own and get an insurance from either insurance company you have mentioned above? Can anyone recommend good removal firms?