wrcaston

May 2014 Lodge Gang

Hi all,

I haven't found a related thread for people lodging in May so I thought to start one myself. 189 visa lodged after being invited on 12th May and most of our docs uploaded aside from medicals and police checks which we will wait for as we have a baby on the way.

Feel free to join in to compare timelines.

Regards

Will

Good luck then, although the round has just gone so I guess you'll be waiting until 9th June for that. When did you lodge your EOI and what was your points score?

Oh boo! I thought it was yesterday and with it being Bank Hol I wouldn't hear anything until the agents re-open for business this morning. EOI last week - 65 points.

Hopefully my agent will lodge before the end of the month - they have been pretty efficient upto now - and we can keep each other posted on the rest of the journey!

Guest Nikita

Hello guys. I am one too :) Application was lodged on 20th of May as you can see. I had uploaded all the essentials except for medicals and overseas police check up until the 28th of May. Thought I'd upload them together the same day. That's pretty much everything. So, now.. waiting in anticipation :)

Guest Nikita

Thanks and congracts to you too and kelbert. Do keep us posted. Also, congracts about your baby wrcaston. I don't have a CO yet either. It can't just be us lodging in May. Seen a couple on the web. Keen to see how everyone else is doing. No idea how long the wait would be.

Yeah you too! I asked my agent re: timescales and she said it can take 3-4 months but lately they have been very quick and CO's are contacting people around 2 weeks after lodgement to do meds etc!! However she said it was unlikely to carry on so I guess we just wait and see!!

That's right, a few people lodging a few days before me had a CO within 2 weeks. I seem to have missed that boat so a wait until after the new Australian financial year I suppose

Guest Nikita

Yeah, that is the rumor. I heard through a mutual friend an 189 applicant who received a direct grant in just 3 weeks after lodgment. This was around two weeks ago. So yeah, I guess we might have to wait eh. Oh I have a question regarding form 80. Did you guys fill it out? I have been told some CO's ask for it and some don't.

Edited by Nikita

Guest Nikita

I have filled it out. But think I'll wait too. Thanks.

Guest Nikita

Yay good for you :) Ah okay. I probably should start scanning the lot then. Seems likely they would ask. Good luck Will. Hope it all goes smoothly. Do keep us posted. Cheers

Guest dhiru

Hi Guys,

I have lodged my 189 Visa application on 5th of May via my Agent, and as we are expecting baby July end 2014, we have also submitted the Pregnancy Health Undertaking.

Our agent has also uploaded my wife's HIV and Hepatitis report.

CO has been assigned to us on 26th May, and asked us for

1. Form 80

2. Employment reference

CO doesn't ask for my Wife's Medical.

I don't know whether they will OnHold our Visa or Grant us on condition.

Our CUrrent Status - 457 Visa Since Oct 2012 and not moved out of country after coming here.

Please let me know if anybody of you faced the similar situation….