Guest halfadozen

What is CBD?

Guest halfadozen

Hi all,

I know this is a REALLY dibby question but it's bugging me as I can't guess it :

What is a CBD. It is referred to everywhere when explaining how far from the CBD you are?

I assume it's something to do with the city?

Thanks x :goofy:

Guest Django

I believe its central business district but stand to be corrected.

Pete

Guest halfadozen

Hi Django

Thanks for that, it makes more sense now!

Guest sarahsmartiepants

CBD stands for cut and blowdry! Well in my world it does!

But here it stands for central busines district as Pete says. It is the center of the city

sarah

But in Adelaide there is more to it than just the business district. It means the square mile that makes up the centre of Adelaide, funnily enough called Adelaide. On the north side there is the main shopping and cultural area, the south part is small businesses and housing. When I look out the window from my penthouse billion dollar view (at work) from North Adelaide( a suburb just over the river to the north)the CBD always looks like toytown, because the rest of Adelaide is very flat and then there is this square mile with high rise buildings that remind me of building blocks.

Guest Roo1

Okay guys, here's another one for you. I've been here a year and still don't know what UBD stands for on my street directory. Could it be Urban Business District, if so, that doesn't make sense to me :wacko:

Judi x

Guest caoimhe
    Hi all,

I know this is a REALLY dibby question but it's bugging me as I can't guess it :

What is a CBD. It is referred to everywhere when explaining how far from the CBD you are?

I assume it's something to do with the city?

Thanks x :goofy:

I am really glad you asked this question as for months I have been wondering the same thing and never had the nerve to ask as didn't want to seem stupid ,but am willing to admit it now I know I am not the only one :biglaugh::biglaugh:

Guest halfadozen

Hi caoimhe

Glad I wasn't the only one! I was beginning to think it stood for City Bus Depot! Thought there was a fascination for buses throughout Australia! Good to know we can ask ANY questions we like, and now we know what UBD stands for aswell - bonus! :biglaugh: I liked Sarah's answer!

Good luck with your app, you're well ahead of us we're still waiting for vetassess to get a move on!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Me 39, Hubby 40

3 girls, 13, 11 and 6

1 boy, 9

Dog, 1

Waiting for vettassess to OK qualifications (wish they'd hurry up!) :SLEEP: