Qualified nurse with a diploma is this accepted?

Hi

my visa is a halfway through and when discussing my plans with family members my sister and fiancée are interested.

my sister is a qualified nurse and has been working in adult nursing for over a year. She would want to go over to oz till she has been qualified for two years anyway. However as her qualification is a diploma, is this accepted in Australia? Or does she have to have more years of work experience? I have also read somewhere about a nursing bridge course? Would she have to do this?

has anybody managed to emigrate to oz with a nursing diploma? Did you manage to get a job easily? Did you have to complete a bridge course? If so how much was the course and how long did it take to complete it? Also what visa did you go over on?

sorry for all the questions I'm just excited at the possibility of my sister coming over with me :)

thank you in advance x

Hi

my visa is a halfway through and when discussing my plans with family members my sister and fiancée are interested.

my sister is a qualified nurse and has been working in adult nursing for over a year. She would want to go over to oz till she has been qualified for two years anyway. However as her qualification is a diploma, is this accepted in Australia? Or does she have to have more years of work experience? I have also read somewhere about a nursing bridge course? Would she have to do this?

has anybody managed to emigrate to oz with a nursing diploma? Did you manage to get a job easily? Did you have to complete a bridge course? If so how much was the course and how long did it take to complete it? Also what visa did you go over on?

sorry for all the questions I'm just excited at the possibility of my sister coming over with me :)

thank you in advance x

hi, I'm a nurse and came to oz on a 190 visa, your sister would first have to get a skills assessment from anmac before lodging a visa request. Ahpra want you to have degree equivalent qualifications. Has your sister completed any post reg study. I read a post recently saying the bridging course is available in Adelaide, Maybe give ahpra an email and see if your sisters two years experience will count. Depending where she works it maybe better using a company to sponsor her, I did it all independently but there are advertisements in the back of nursing standard in the UK.

Guest Nursebucko

Hello,

I am a diploma nurse, and it is fine for Anmac assessment and for the permanent visa, so you can get over to Oz. However when it comes to working over there, you have to have degree, either through top up modules or straight degree for AHPRA to accept you. If you do not have this, you still have to apply to ahpra, they will fail your application but refer you to one of their bridging courses, and you have to complete that before you can work. This will cost you approx $10,000 dollars and will take about 3-4 months to complete.

They are limited around Oz there is one in adelaide though .

pretty bloody rubbish really as they only changed this about a year ago...very frustruating! I'm going through it atm x