flossybeth

Mt Barker or Noarlunga TAFE?

I've been offered a place on the same course at both Noarlunga and Mount Barker TAFE campuses and am now wondering which would be best to study at? The course is for childcare.

Noarlunga is far more convenient for me (20 minutes as opposed to 45ish up to Mt Barker) but I've heard that the childcare courses at Mt Barker are probably the best in the area.

Does anyone have experience of either campus or he course itself and where you would recommend to study?

I don't have any experience of Mount Barker but plenty with Noarlunga!

My OH did a certificate 4 course there a few years ago and he was impressed with the lecturers and the support.

I have two "nearly daughters in law" who are enrolled in the childcare course at Noarlunga. My sons and daughter have all done TAFE courses at Noarlunga but for us it's just a few minutes away.

Thanks Tamara, I've gone with the Mount Barker one; its induction was today 1-2pm, Noarlunga's was today and tomorrow 9-5 which I just couldn't attend given two days notice; also I phoned Noarlunga twice about a couple of things and the incompetency of the people answering the phone put me off! I know it's not a lot to base two years of study on but I just got a better feeling from Mt Barker - I'll let you know in a couple of weeks if I regret my choice ;)