Beaches

Guest Chelseadownunder

Guest Chelseadownunder

Hi Guys I need to ask you. Where are the popular beaches in Adelaide that have Life Guards on and flags etc... The beaches near where you live like Seaford etc with no life guards & Flags etc do you still swim in, is it still safe. Do you ever get the box jellyfish/sharks near? I love the idea of coming home in say "Seaford" and then going to the beach for a swim. Do allot of people do that or are all the beaches dead.

Generally my wife was just concerned that alll the beaches have no people on and that doesnt appeal to her. We loved Hillarys boat yard in Perth if any of you have been there is there anywhere that is simular.

Thanks for any help you can give.

Scott:chatterbox:

Most of the metro beaches have surf life saving and put up flags where they are watching. Some of the southern beaches might not though, those that live there may be able to fill you in. As for the city beaches, Glenelg, Henley Beach and Brighton are popular with families. Brighton and Henley, you can park for free on the esplanade so you only have to lug your gear down some steps onto the beach.

If you are loking at beach areas the northern beaches at Largs bay, Semaphore and North Haven often get missed. There is a boat marina at North Haven and the subub is only about 10 - 15 years old, it is very pretty up there, was up there at the weekend and saw lots of kids riding around on the bike paths that run alongside the beach. Lots of people about.

Guest sarahsmartiepants

THere are surf life savers on the beaches I have been on...Pt Noarlunga, Christies, Silver sands Aldinga, thats not to say they arent on others, they are the ones I have been on!

sarah

I love silver sands, years ago in my teens when they were country beaches we used to hire a catamaran on South Rd and head down there and drive up the beach. They were just beginning to build a few houses there then. We'd stay there all day, drop the cat off on the way home, and enjoy the tiredness brought on by a day in the sun, sand and surf, with sand still between toes, a hot shower and then settle down to watch the 8.30 movie on TV when there were only 4 channels to choose from....... ahhh memories.