Live in SA but work in VIC

christopherj

Hi Chris, have you moved across yet? It is certainly something we are considering. We came across earlier this year and I, as the primary applicant, secured work pretty quickly but my husband has struggled to break in to the SA market. After several months of trying he looked at Vic and got an interview straight away! Opportunities are more plentiful and attitudes more favourable towards employing someone without local experience. We would plan to remain living in SA and kids would be schooled here until such a time as we decided where to go so that I meet the rquirements under the Visa. I would be very wary about all moving to Vic on arrival and until you have given the job hunting situation a fair go, as that would be a breach which would not be viewed well by DIBP or SA. I think every situation is different and ultimately for us we always said if he struggled to find anything in SA we would look interstate before even considering anything else. When it gets to the point where you can't even get an interview in SA (it is very paochial and incestuous in some industries), and you have a family to support, in my mind, you have to do what you have to do. Hope this helps.