doubter

RRV Online Application Granted from UK in 5 Days

Wasn't expecting it to be that quick granted in 5 days. Then again the previous one only took 10 days. Haven't been to Australia since 2010 and my PR visa expired in 2014.I have applied and been granted 2 RRVs since then both online from the UK by myself so I must be doing something right. The previous application I never had a job offer but this latest one I had a provisional offer. If I can advise or help anyone with my experience just ask. Both RRVs were for 1 year because I never did the 2yrs in OZ.

Wasn't expecting it to be that quick granted in 5 days. Then again the previous one only took 10 days. Haven't been to Australia since 2010 and my PR visa expired in 2014.I have applied and been granted 2 RRVs since then both online from the UK by myself so I must be doing something right. The previous application I never had a job offer but this latest one I had a provisional offer. If I can advise or help anyone with my experience just ask. Both RRVs were for 1 year because I never did the 2yrs in OZ.

Wow - that's impressive!

Any help/advice you could give us would be much appreciated... Our PR visas expired 01/09/16. We had all but sold the house in July 2016 then a family issue meant we couldn't make the move before the visas expired. We have been advised that to get RRVs Ian needs a job offer. He is in the building trade (carpenter) so it would be nigh on impossible to get one from over there whilst we are still here. What can we do?

Kind regards,

Rachael

Hi Rachael,

Was it your 5 year visa that expired last year? I take it you never actually went to live in Australia at any point.

Yes it was. We activated them June 2011 then Ian was diagnosed with a rare eye disease a few months later so everything was put on hold (life in general!). His condition is stable and had been for a while so we picked up from where we left off, put the house up for sale...and then the family scupppered us! Stuff happens I guess, but talk about timing...

You need to show compelling reasons why you never went to Australia, your husband medical condition being the main one. Write everthing down from beginning to end basically tell them your life story. You can apply online $360 per application so Ian needs to apply first then if successful you later.He needs to attach documentated evidence so any medical records or letters. You are still classed as PR and within the last 5 yrs so the best you could hope for is a 1 year RRV.

In regards to jobs you don't necessarily need one but it makes your application stronger as long as you can show compelling reasons.

I managed my first RRV in 2015 after my visa expired 2014,leaving OZ in 2010. I attached emails in my application where I had contacted potential employers.If Ian can try and contact potential employers and attach the promising ones to his application it may do the trick.