A level yr 12 uk student starting year 11 equivalent in Adelaide

East London mum

Hello all this is my first post after joining this group. My husband is applying for a job in Adelaide which will give the whole family a much better pace of life and be financially better off.  My husband, myself and 12 year old son are happy with a potential move but my 16 year old daughter has just started her a levels in London and is less keen. Can anyone explain how this will affect my daughter with her conversion to the Australian system? Bearing in mind she's started A levels in sept 17 and I don't think the equivalent 16 yr old Australians start till ?Feb. If she wants to attend a UK Russell group university will she have finished her A level equivalent course to be able to apply? Thanks 

• 3 months later...

Hey. Missed the initial post when it was made and the follow up is one I don't really know how best to answer. 

There are many factors to consider @Plumboz. If your visa is PR or temp, if she really wants to move here and study further here as PR... or attend uni in the UK, those sorts of things all play a part and need considering. When are you looking to move here also? 

I'm going to suggest you sign up for our sister site, PIO and post in our Education section and ask your questions plus expand a bit letting people know what visa type, when you plan to move so as people have a bit more to go on as it can really help when trying to answer. 

https://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/8-education/

Mainly as there are a number of people who know the high school and further ed system in Aus well who post there and who may be able to shed some light or offer their views. 

Thanks Snifter for your reply, we are on PR and are looking to arrive in Adelaide september 2019, my daughter would of completed her GCSE’S June this year but just not sure if it’s worth her starting A levels here as she would only do a year and then leave for oz, or would she be better starting the A levels and the picking up the equivalent there? I will post on PIO as well cheers,

we have previously lived In Adelaide for 2 years but have no idea regarding the above matter.