Pom family relocating to Eastern Suburbs Nov 2017

Claire Morrison

Hello fellow Poms in Adelaide. My name is Claire. I'm late forties, married to an Aussie. We have two boys aged 9 and 11yrs. We arrive on the 19th of November and will be living in Fullarton. My boys will immediately be desperate for chums! We have yet to secure school places for them. Potentially, they will have 10 weeks off school if they don't get a place prior to 2018. My husband will be working. What will I do with two boys for ten whole weeks??!!! Any advice please! ?

I’ve replied in the other thread also :) 

Like you I am married to an Aussie. Been here for 4 years now. I’m a similar age to you and have a son aged 9 who loves making new friends and exploring :)  We don’t live too far away and I am often down that way and don’t mind meeting up or arranging things. Drop me a PM if you would like :) 

As for things to do, first off, be prepared for heat and ensure you start off with he slip slap slop seek shade routine. Invest in good UV sun hats and if need be UV  sunnies for all of you. And rash vests for the kids of planning beach days.

Now, loads to do and see over the hols but it may be the heat prevents you from some places until you acclimatise. I have a long list of suggestions ranging from day trips to places to big play parks and national parks to various beaches. Plus things like dolphin spotting, water slides, outdoor pools, bike trails, wildlife parks and museums. Other things also depending on your kids interests. 

I’ll also dig out a few activities run by some of the schools and clubs over the holidays for you when I get to my computer later :) 

Hi Snifter!

Thank you so much for your reply. I read your response to my 9yr old, James. Who is now convinced he already has a new Aussie friend!

We have lived in Australia before, we spent seven years in Melbourne. So, weather wise, I know what to expect, but can't say I recall ever getting used to the heat!

Would love to have a chat via PM, however, I have no idea how to PM you via this site. Sadly, I'm pretty rubbish with technology. Either you could kindly explain how to PM you and I will do my best to work it out!  Either way, it would be lovely to be in touch, and thank you so much for your help. Best Wishes Claire x

:)

Yeah, the summer heat can be a bit hot :$. It can be pretty horrible in the hot dry summer heat here for sure. Hairdryer in the face sort of thing when that wind from the north kicks in. 

I've sent you a PM. Not sure what you are viewing from but if its a computer or browser on tablet then there will be a notification in the top right of the page. A little envelope. It'll show as having a message, click on it and you should see the message. Just click again if you can't see it in full :)

I did remove your personal info from your post also as we have rules re that sort of thing on the open forum. Safety and all that. 

• 2 months later...