887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

Guest Samk6
Guest Melissa887

hi guys, I got the granted letter this afternoon, but I am a little confused, does it mean i am now on a e-based visa?there is no paper visa tag needed on my passport? i have to travel with this letter all the time in case the custom wont let me go through??

Congrats Melissa,

you can get the label in your passport by going to one of the DIAC offices or sending passport visa post, but there is a fees for that now.

with electronic grant letter, you will not have any trouble at Australian Airports but as some times you go thru various transits and your home country may find trouble locating your visa, so best is to get visa evidencing label in passport.

Hello Saeed 28,

IELTS is not the requirement for 887 visa, you should scan your old IELTS and send it to your CO and advise him as it is not the requirement for this visa so you have not repeated the test and attaching your old score for his knowledge.

Guest kedar_u
8 months completed today ...........no update................................

HI Paki

call IMMI, and ask them to contact Case officer, or ask them to transfer call to Case officer, and talk to CO straight

AH was my CO initially, and he is very responsive and kind to provide update, once you reach to him, ask him to expedite the application as it has already gone pass 6 months.

All the best...

hi guys, I got the granted letter this afternoon, but I am a little confused, does it mean i am now on a e-based visa?there is no paper visa tag needed on my passport? i have to travel with this letter all the time in case the custom wont let me go through??

Congratulations Melissa.

If you need a visa label in your passport, go to your nearest DIAC office, pay the fee.. any they'll do that instantly..

HI Paki

call IMMI, and ask them to contact Case officer, or ask them to transfer call to Case officer, and talk to CO straight

AH was my CO initially, and he is very responsive and kind to provide update, once you reach to him, ask him to expedite the application as it has already gone pass 6 months.

All the best...

i had sent an email to co he replied as well as follows......

The status of this application is unchanged from the previous response provided on 20 January 2014. This application remains subject to health, character and national security checks that are undertaken by other agencies. No further information is required at this stage. You will be contacted should we require further information or are in a position to progress this application.

Guest Gabrial885
Hi friends I have applied for 887 and now I am pregnant. Do I need to

inform this as change notification or not!!!

Im not quite sure... did you a medical test recently... when did you apply for the 887?If you think ull have the baby before the visa get approve you better inform IMMI.....