887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

Hello Paper 887

I hope you are lucky and they don't put you for security clearance, as looks like that most applicants from PAK have to undergo that, as per case officer that is a process of 6-12 months at least. I am in the same boat. I spoke to my case officer today, who was very nice and said my file is complete but unable to grant visa without the security clearance.

applicant 887; its amazing as my case officer said that they can't access my file for 475 visa, so they don't know if the security check was done at then or no. Any way, that's the process we have to do through, lets stay in touch.

Good that there are some progress in your case,

The point is for people who have been through security checks for their temp visa it seems totally irrational that immi wants to redo the checks for 887 application as if for first time applicants. Considering the facts that after initial landing with temp visa the majority of time spent is within Australia.

It just doesn't make sense.

There are some applicans who desperately looking for their visa to move interstate to find better job or even to get a more secure position.

Eddie, which country you are from, Are you from Pakistan? if you have no contact from immi, you can ring them and they should be able to give you details of your case officer, then you could communicate with them thru e-mail, I am sure you are subject to security clearance and it can take 6-12 months for security clearance only.

Just completed year. No contact from immigration sofar. Someone told it could take 12 to 14 months after case officer. So be ready for a long journey guys.

Guest violet

Hi all,

Good to see there is movement in feb. I have been following this thread and it's good that people is updating their status.

I applied in 17/2/14. Anyone from that date has receive your pr? I tried callingDIAC twicebut was put on hold for almost40 mins. So i hamged up because i don't think my phone will get thru and my credit is running.

Just wonder how long do you guys waited for the call? I am going to try again tomorrow.

Cheers,

Violet

Guest m887

Hello everyone,

I received our grant email today on 30/05/14,

No additional documents were asked.

No CO allocated, directly grant notification.

Applied paper based (me& my partner)...submitted form 80&1221.

Guest violet
Hello everyone,

I received our grant email today on 30/05/14,

No additional documents were asked.

No CO allocated, directly grant notification.

Applied paper based (me& my partner)...submitted form 80&1221.

Hi m887,

May i know when did you submit yoyr application?

congratulations!

Helen

Eddie, which country you are from, Are you from Pakistan? if you have no contact from immi, you can ring them and they should be able to give you details of your case officer, then you could communicate with them thru e-mail, I am sure you are subject to security clearance and it can take 6-12 months for security clearance only.

how we could contact them? I know calling them is useless.

you can ring them on 1300364613, tell them that you have been waiting for long and whether they can tell you whats going on with your application. ask them to give you the e-mail of the case officer

how we could contact them? I know calling them is useless.

Guest violet

I don't know if anyone ever get thru with the number, i called 3 times, just put me on hold and listened to music for almost 40 mins. I doubt it if every CO is so busy answrting calls. But i have a feeling that they are not gonna answer any calls as they are busy going thru the applications and giving approval. But if anyone intend to try and get thru, please share and i might follow suit. Like how long you have waited and the time of calling. I called between 11.30am - 1.00pm. Could it be lunch time?

Guest ks2206

@ violet hello mate most of the time when co contact you there is personal ext number to contact your co at the end of the email co sent you. Thats where i found my co number and whenever i called tht number it goes straight to my co.

Guest sunnyjack12

hello everyone i have applied for vc 887 on 23.05.2014 but immi has send me an conformation email which only have my trn number. i havnt recived any briding visa email or acknowledgement letter. what should i do now.

Edited by sunnyjack12

hi voilet: i called immi and i waited appoximately 56 mins. they picked my call but it was useless. i asked her to i wanted to know my file process. she said they are processing nov files that dont sound right to me bcz according this forum feb people are getting pr.

Violet, you will get thru the number if you keep waiting, but there is no point of calling before 5 months of date of lodgment. when you speak to them ask about whether your application is allocated to CO and ask the contact e-mail. Good luck with your application.

I don't know if anyone ever get thru with the number, i called 3 times, just put me on hold and listened to music for almost 40 mins. I doubt it if every CO is so busy answrting calls. But i have a feeling that they are not gonna answer any calls as they are busy going thru the applications and giving approval. But if anyone intend to try and get thru, please share and i might follow suit. Like how long you have waited and the time of calling. I called between 11.30am - 1.00pm. Could it be lunch time?