887 Visa - What's the update?

sunnyside

16 minutes ago, alexoir said:

I was happily sipping some juice when I saw a single email of immi. I spat the drink out and screamed "SINGLE?" That can't be good I thought, because I was expecting 3 golden emails for each member of my family. Lo and behold, a CO who calls himself Adam is requesting for Evidence of English Language Ability for my wife. Now, this information wasn't requested during the initial assessment because she has a valid IELTS results which is still less that a year old. Looks like I'm not getting a grant until some time next year. Oh well, I might as well continue sipping my juice?

Oh nooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!! ?

alexoir, sorry mate to hear this... Well, we can open a juice-sipping club for second- and third-timers!!! ? Count me in! ? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, 16/10/2017 said:

am I in trouble my application was submitted on 15/10/2017. my CO request and I submitted all documents requested again on 13/03/2018. it seems Kaur's second application opened earlier than me

Hey Mate,

Dont worry. Its very normal. We have applied on 10th september and 1st CO on 12th december submit all docs and after that no communication. Still waiting for golden email. So dont stress.

Just be positive. All will be good.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, alexoir said:

I was happily sipping some juice when I saw a single email of immi. I spat the drink out and screamed "SINGLE?" That can't be good I thought, because I was expecting 3 golden emails for each member of my family. Lo and behold, a CO who calls himself Adam is requesting for Evidence of English Language Ability for my wife. Now, this information wasn't requested during the initial assessment because she has a valid IELTS results which is still less that a year old. Looks like I'm not getting a grant until some time next year. Oh well, I might as well continue sipping my juice?

What the hell are these CO doing??? I'm so confused why do they want another ielts result if your wife's result is still valid?! But atleast this means their going through the one's who were waiting. But looks like their just opening our files and blindly asking for more documents and closing them again. ?

• Sad 1

12 minutes ago, Worried-and-waiting said:

What the hell are these CO doing??? I'm so confused why do they want another ielts result if your wife's result is still valid?! But atleast this means their going through the one's who were waiting. But looks like their just opening our files and blindly asking for more documents and closing them again. ?

It's good see to you being so positive through all this. While some of us are driving ourselves crazy while waiting you're taking the wise path of staying calm. After all even after all this time wasting they will HAVE to give you the grant in the end!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Worried-and-waiting said:

COs are doing these stupid request deliberately. What a shame ?????

hi guys I have applied for 887 on 12 jan 2018, I m planning to get my wife here on visitor visa because I m on 489 at the moment there are more chances to get her visitor visa, hopefully I get my 887 in couple of months then she will be here and can apply for partner visa onsure . The reason I did not add her to my 887 I was gona wait until she get 489 granted , it was going to delay my visa application I was scared if immigration changes the requirement for 887.   am I doing the right thing ?

3 hours ago, Sandy kundlas said:

hi guys I have applied for 887 on 12 jan 2018, I m planning to get my wife here on visitor visa because I m on 489 at the moment there are more chances to get her visitor visa, hopefully I get my 887 in couple of months then she will be here and can apply for partner visa onsure . The reason I did not add her to my 887 I was gona wait until she get 489 granted , it was going to delay my visa application I was scared if immigration changes the requirement for 887.   am I doing the right thing ?

Hi bro, when did you get married? Before application made or after? It's really mean for your application. 

15 hours ago, alexoir said:

I am sorry to hear that mate! Be strong, eventually you will get that. the problem is we have hold back some of most important things in our lives for a while! 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, 10cents said:

Hi all, especially the second timers, what are the documents that could potentially expire when the COs open the file for the second time?

The ones I can think of are the PCC and AFP. Are there any other docs that has a validity period?

I guess, passports, all police checks, medicals (?), English test certificates - anything else? ? Trouble is, you can do your best to keep all these up to date, yet the COs still send you on a wild goose chase, just coz they can! ? We can only do our best to keep up with them... 

• Like 1

Good morning everyone, 
I am a silent reader of this group for last couple of months. My updates:
Applied: 3rd Oct 17
CO (Dat) allocated: 27 Feb 18
Co asked to resend the pcc for my wife as it was missing date of issue during scan. I simply re-scanned it &sent it back on the same day it was requested.
Visa Granted : 9 May 18 
CO: Sophorn
Documents attached:
- 52 pay slips( all black&white no attestation), job reference letter.
- firstly i was renting a room so the letter from the owner for first 6 months afterward rental ledger when i had lease under my name. Remember all time i paid rent through my account.
- form 80 for me & my wife (my wife she arrived first time ever on 489 to aus so after one month  she arrived i applied 887)
- car rego paper & miscellaneous letters for my residential proof, as the utility bills were not under my name. 
- letter from uni from overseas to prove my wife's  functional English.
- passport & pcc & afp 
- bank statement (attached just 2 days before the file opened)
- tax return & group certificates
- birth & marriage certficates
- thats all pretty much, no photo attached. 
I applied after living 25 months in regional area, had 8 weeks holidays. 
Hope this info will help you guys. & those who waiting in queue are one step closer to their destination.

Good luck & best wishes for every applicant.

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, S.M said:

Good morning everyone, 
Co asked to resend the pcc for my wife as it was missing date of issue during scan. I simply re-scanned it &sent it back on the same day it was requested.
Documents attached:
- firstly i was renting a room so the letter from the owner for first 6 months afterward rental ledger when i had lease under my name. Remember all time i paid rent through my account.
- form 80 for me & my wife (my wife she arrived first time ever on 489 to aus so after one month  she arrived i applied 887)
- car rego paper & miscellaneous letters for my residential proof, as the utility bills were not under my name. 
- passport & pcc & afp 
Hope this info will help you guys. & those who waiting in queue are one step closer to their destination.

Congrats mate 

29 minutes ago, S.M said:

Good morning everyone, 
Documents attached:
- passport & pcc & afp 

Congrats mate!!! Enjoy

45 minutes ago, S.M said:

Good morning everyone, 
Documents attached:
- passport & pcc & afp 

Many Congrats!!!

It's really harsh on the part of co's to make someone wait for 2-3 months just for a minor scanning mistake. But all's well that ends well. 

• Like 1

Hi All,

Being a silent user, I was watching the forum quite often and it helped anyway in reading the posts ?

By the Grace of God I've got the grant on 9th May, 2018.

Following are the details:

Applied: 13 October 2017
CO Dat allocated: 13 March 2018
Co asked for more payslips (as I didnt submit all of my payslips before), wife functional English and a few docs which were already provided before like AFP and Form 80.
Submitted the docs on 3rd April

Visa Granted : 9 May 2018 
CO: Adam

The only thing concerned about my wife's functional English, was, if they want her to appear on IELTS, but as she never given IELTS before, so I just provided her functional english letter from her school (for grade 10), which I even did before while applying for 489, and its all good.

Wish you all best of luck for your grants and your future.

God bless you all with good health, wealth and all the other goods, and give you all success in everything.

Thanks

• Like 4

51 minutes ago, S.M said:

Good morning everyone, 
Documents attached:
- passport & pcc & afp 

Hey S.M congratulations! Enjoy!

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, S.M said:

Good morning everyone, 
Documents attached:
- passport & pcc & afp 

Congratulations ....??

2 minutes ago, shaan said:

Hi All,

Being a silent user, I was watching the forum quite often and it helped anyway in reading the posts ?

Co asked for more payslips (as I didnt submit all of my payslips before), wife functional English and a few docs which were already provided before like AFP and Form 80.

The only thing concerned about my wife's functional English, was, if they want her to appear on IELTS, but as she never given IELTS before, so I just provided her functional english letter from her school (for grade 10), which I even did before while applying for 489, and its all good.

God bless you all with good health, wealth and all the other goods, and give you all success in everything.

Thanks

Hey Shaan,

Congratulations on the good news!!!

3 minutes ago, shaan said:

Hi All,

Thanks

Congratulations bro ...

4 minutes ago, shaan said:

Hi All,

Thanks

Congrats mate 

20 minutes ago, shaan said:

Hi All,

Thanks

Congrats Shaan!!!

Day started with a bang!!!!

• Like 1