Someone migrating to Adelaide this September

Sanjay

So let me get started , for introductions , I am a 28yr old  doctor practising in India currently employed with the SA health department. I start work this September and just to dwell on the idea of working abroad is something exciting . And the only fact that I have no accquaintances or family or friends kind of gives me the chills . Hence I come here with free though and with the hope of finding good people who can help me get the hang of thing around Adelaide . I am predorminently placed near Salisbury and Elizabeth vale for work . So housing , cuisines available (I love Italian and Thai ) , transport and places to hang out (in the mean time )  are my major concerns . Sorry if I have posted this on the comments section . I am basically new to forums of all kind.  

2 hours ago, Sanjay said:

Never in the wildest of my dreams have I had the thought of migrating from my country (INDIA) , yet life has always got plans f

Hello and welcome ?

Those places you will be working are a long way the opposite side of Adelaide from where we are. Well over an hour away on a good day. I have never visited or spent time in either place tbh (not visited other suburbs either tbf ? ) Having lived here a good few years now, my trips north of the CBD or anywhere north of about Prospect are few and far between. Occasionally venture Gepps Cross way for work. 

I don't know if you know much about those areas/suburbs but I'd say you'd be well advised to research them well and also suburbs within a reasonable commute for somewhere to live. I'd google the suburbs, see what feedback you get. Also read local news online, check out local events etc that way also. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
Guest Carol from Vista Financial

Hey @Sanjay

Just came across your post.

Hope you have settled in ok from your move! Assuming you may be working at LMH, the RMO Society there is quite welcoming so hope you have been able to make some friends up that end of town.

All the best