Guest sassy

Tax back????

Guest sassy

Hi every1......

Just a quick query.....any1 ever claimed their tax back before leaving UK???? Is it possible??? thought would ask...need to accumulate as much dosh as poss....ta for reading...:confused:..x...sarah

Guest Trakki

Apparently you can do this. One of the shippers told us about this and sent us some info but you have to have all your P45's which I cannot find so don't know if I can do this now but would be good, even if it is only an extra £50, it's better than a kick in the teeth.

Hi there we both did this - I had mine put into our Uk bank account about a month after we left the UK and Andy has just received a UK cheque for his. We just took it to Westpac and they cashed it. In all honesty the exchange rate was only very slightly less than what HIFX were offering, plus there was a $20 admin fee because it was a British cheque. You need to contact your tax office and ask them for a P80 - explain what you are doing and they will send the necessary form to you (either here or in the UK). Its a really simple form and you just send your P45 (the one you get when you finish work) and away you go! The amount you get is not to be sniffed at. I only worked part time but got a third more than Andy!

Lindsey

Guest sassy

wow..cheers both...great info and will certainly act upon....wot ever we get will be great ...ta....sarah..x

Guest steve&tracy

It's even better knowing its from the Tax man!!I too will be claiming my tax back and Andy and Lindsey are right it's a very simple form.

After I got my P45, a couple of months later I received a lump sum back from the IR office into my UK account, a nice surprise as I wasn't expecting it at all.

Good luck