Time Process for 489 Visa for Newborn

Nashi

17 hours ago, Nashi said:

Hello All,

We are on 489 Visa and will be applying for our baby soon. Please tell me how long would it take to get 489.

Please share your experience. 

Hi Nashi, 

If your baby was born in Australia, you don't have to apply 489 subsequent for your child. If your baby is born out side of Australia, it will take probably 4-5 months. My daughter was born outside of Australian in June and I applied 489 subsequent in July. We got her visa in December. 

/Regards, 

Thank you so much for your reply.

Actually we have applied 887 visa (been 15 months) and waiting for PR. We'll be travelling overseas in April meanwhile if we dont get PR, what visa Baby would need to have for travelling? Baby's born in Australia.

Thanks in advance 🙂 

On 1/24/2020 at 11:56 PM, Nashi said:

Thank you so much for your reply.

Actually we have applied 887 visa (been 15 months) and waiting for PR. We'll be travelling overseas in April meanwhile if we dont get PR, what visa Baby would need to have for travelling? Baby's born in Australia.

Thanks in advance 🙂 

By April, it will be 18 months. And that is the estimated time for 887 (As per DOHA website), and you should be in Australian when you are granted the Visa. my recommendation is not to travel until you get PR. Lets wait for pro(s) to answer if I am wrong .. 🤔