Guest swampo

Our world in a 20ft container!!!

Guest swampo

Well, that's it then, another stage in the process of going to Australia. The container with all our worldly goods just trundled off down the road after two days of packing by the great lads from Robinsons Removals.

I, the sad person I am, videod the container going down the road, doing my Judith Chalmers travel documenatary bit. It wasn't until I looked at the video after that it hit me, that's all our stuff gone, no turning back now girl!!!!

Sat here now in the house we are renting, jobless and almost homeless (well on Tuesday we will be) contemplating 5 weeks at the Mother-in-Laws:chatterbox: before we actually go, will I be sane by the time we fly, will they let a mentally disturbed person into Australia???

Hey ho, next hurdle - sort out a rental before we get there. I feel like a bottle of wine coming on - Hardys of course.

Guest rockpool crab
    Well, that's it then, another stage in the process of going to Australia. The container with all our worldly goods just trundled off down the road after two days of packing by the great lads from Robinsons Removals.

I, the sad person I am, videod the container going down the road, doing my Judith Chalmers travel documenatary bit. It wasn't until I looked at the video after that it hit me, that's all our stuff gone, no turning back now girl!!!!

Sat here now in the house we are renting, jobless and almost homeless (well on Tuesday we will be) contemplating 5 weeks at the Mother-in-Laws:chatterbox: before we actually go, will I be sane by the time we fly, will they let a mentally disturbed person into Australia???

Hey ho, next hurdle - sort out a rental before we get there. I feel like a bottle of wine coming on - Hardys of course.

Hi there,

Would it be too cheeky to ask how much you paid for your 20 foot container? we're just at the stage of getting quotes. Please PM if you don't like to say on here.

Hope you can help.

LOL re Judith Chalmers bit by the way.

Catch you later... Carol Ann

well we had 3 months at mother in laws by which time i was frantic lol :biglaugh:. Its hard seeing the stuff go but its like christmas when you unpack it all :)and we had our worldly goods in half a container :biglaugh: but its worth it hang in ther hun xx:wubclub:

Guest Rachael

We haven't seen our world since it left in April. It should've arrived in the port on Friday. Can't wait to see it. Just hoping it clears customs without costing us too much!

R

Guest swampo

Hi Carol-Ann,

We had 3 quotes from Robinsons, John Masons & PPS. They were all around the same for a 20ft container - £3,300 + insurance. We went back from one to the other until we got the best price so it's worth haggling a bit. Chose Robinsons in the end as they are local to us, but they were not the cheapest of the 3. Lads did a great job, I just sat around watching.

Ozzieclaire, congratulations on surviving the MiL for 3 months!!! Have you come out of therapy yet? Mine will be just glad to get her hands on her 'little boy' again. I expect I won;t be able to do a thing with him for a while after we have left - he will have to go straight back into strict training and learn all the rules again.

Rachel, that seems a long time in transit, was it a groupage container?

Have no idea what is packed in the boxes now as it seems ages since I packed them. We have been in furnished rented for 6 months so most of the stuff was packed and sealed way back in March. It will be like Christmas and Birthdays all in one when we finally get our hand on the stuff again.

Ozzieclaire, congratulations on surviving the MiL for 3 months!!! Have you come out of therapy yet? Mine will be just glad to get her hands on her 'little boy' again. I expect I won;t be able to do a thing with him for a while after we have left - he will have to go straight back into strict training and learn all the rules again.

that is soooo true swampo, have been in MILs for 11 weeks now and will be here for another 6/8 weeks i think. I will defo need a theripist when i land

suexxx