Vacum packing bags

Guest Carkyde

Guest Carkyde

Hi Just wondered if anyone used these bags in their luggage when moving. I've read it's not a good idea to use them if shipping but we have decided to bring 2 (huge) bags each with 40kg allowance and I thought if we used these vacum bags we might get more in. Anyone done this b4?

Thanks C

Guest sarahsmartiepants

I got a couple of them before we came and packed them with bedding, unfortunatly they slowly started to inflate, so I didnt bother using them:arghh:

I came over with only a couple of suitcases and I used the vacuum bags to great effect. It obviously doesn't save you anything on weight, but I definitely got much more into my cases than I would have otherwise. I then left another couple of bags filled with clothes that I couldn't fit in my case and collected them when I returned to the UK for a quick holiday 6 months later - they hadn't inflated at all. I would definitely recommend them - I used both the large ones that you shrink with a vac and the small ones you just roll up.

Kerry

Guest donna T

I used them to put all the bedding in for the suitcases and they worked fine.

I also used them to put in the container with all of the kids soft toys. I felt like a monster when I was vacuming the air out and all the little bunny faces were squashing up against the inside of the bag:biglaugh: Made me laugh for ages!

Donna x

we used them too, molly my youngest refused to give up her 4 foot spongebob plush and only way to get him in was to vac bag him. he got here safe n sound and shes happily sleeping with him every nite:)i used em to squeeze some extra clothes in to as we shipped nothing, so any extra we could get in our cases was needed:wubclub:

I was dreading going through customs, we had left the keys for all our suitcase locks back in uk and all i could think was if they stop us and ask us to open a case we had it, was having nitemares on the plane had visions of me stoood there and em making me open all me vac bags too and then having to ask em for a vac to get everything back in:nah:luckily we made sure we had nowt to declare and we went through no probs

Guest motlyman

Hi,

We bought a widget from ebay.

Same thing but you use bin liners and the widget goes on the top, vacuum the air out then tie it off. I added tape to be sure.

A month or so later they arrived in the container still as they went in.

Widget was about £8 from usa.

So much cheaper and just as good.

Colin