Car seats

Guest Natalie

Guest Natalie

Hi All,

can anyone suggest where to buy child car seats from? I've only found one shop so far and still need to sort out a credit card so buy anything off the net yet. Gutted we can't use the one from the UK as it was a really good & expensive one.

Thanks.

Guest Natalie
hold fire on car seats why arent you going to use them? i brought mine from uk and im still using them my kids are 5 and 18months i work as a car mechanic and every seat ive seen in customer cars are never fitted correctly due to the way they are meant to be fitted use your seats from uk

alex

We checked with the RAA and they told us a UK car seat is illegal it has to be Australian approved. We also asked if we could get ours approved. The only way they could do this is by putting it in a controlled crash, therefore smashing it up!

I read a thread some time ago and someone said that you can get fined for not having an Australian approved seat. Also a worry would be if you are in an accident the insurance may not cover you if they find you had an illegal seat. Our car seat does seem alot safer than any we've had in the hire cars over the last couple of weeks, which is a worry.

You can't use UK ones as they do not hav ethe anchor point.

You can get car seats in K-Mart, Big W, toys r us. they are the places we have found. we got ours from toys r us.

HTH

ok buy the ones form k-mart or where ever, but when you come to fixing them in your car you will see what problems you will have about the rear anchor and how much movement they have (forward movement) i hope you know they dont use the original car seat belt to anchor chair in place like we do in uk..but you have to think about kids safety also did you have any probs with yours in uk? so why not use them!!!

ok buy the ones form k-mart or where ever, but when you come to fixing them in your car you will see what problems you will have about the rear anchor and how much movement they have (forward movement) i hope you know they dont use the original car seat belt to anchor chair in place like we do in uk..but you have to think about kids safety also did you have any probs with yours in uk? so why not use them!!!

I agree I prefer the seats I had in the UK but rules are rules and you have to use the anchor point. The car seats we have use the seat belt to hold them in place and even with an old car we have not had any probelms with the anchor strap, no movement at all forwards or sideways. There is no need for the tone of your reply, I was giving an answer to the question, luckily I don't take offence easily. Anyway you are in AUSTRALIA now and NOT the UK so you have to follow the rules here and forget about the UK ones, just like with the parking laws!:biglaugh: