Can we buy property on a 475 visa?

Guest brandyslad

Guest rockpool crab
Can we buy a house on a 475?

Hiya,

As far as I'm aware you can buy a house, but you won't be eligible for the government "first time buyers allowance ($21K)" as the 475 is a temporary visa (same as mine) unless of course you don't buy till you have permanent residency (2.5 years..maybe a bit longer).

You only have to buy a "new build" if you plan to use it as an investment property i.e. not your permanent place of residence. Otherwise you can buy what you like.

That's my understanding from what I've read on PIA :-)

Carol Ann

Guest brandyslad
I take it a 475 is a temp visa, if so yes but you need to get approval as you are classed as a foreign investor, but apparently it's no big deal

Cheers!!!!

Guest Jim Scott

Yes you can buy, but lenders will not advance more than 80% of the purchase price. You do need FIRB approval and if you sign a contract, you must state that your offer is subject to firb approval.

I take care of obtaining FIRB approvals as part of my service.

FIRB applications cost you.............nothing! They are free.

So is a pre-approval (from me anyway)...

Yes you can buy, but lenders will not advance more than 80% of the purchase price. You do need FIRB approval and if you sign a contract, you must state that your offer is subject to firb approval.

I take care of obtaining FIRB approvals as part of my service.

FIRB applications cost you.............nothing! They are free.

So is a pre-approval (from me anyway)...

And Jim is highly recommended from us - no pressure advice and very helpful ;)

Lea