Guest stufi1997

Interest rates on savings.?

Guest stufi1997

Hi folks , just a question for anyone who has taken money over recently , we have taken advantage of the exchange rate just now as it was crap 6 months ago when we came over. like many we opted to budjet and try not not to transfer too much when we arrived.So now that we have taken a small amount over i'm just wondering where to put it . We would like to just tuck it away for 6 months in a high interest acount but are pretty disalusioned buy all of the high street banks with their hidden charges and all. I see that Bankwest do a 6 month account at 8.1 percent interest. how good is that??? or is it? does anyboby know of this ,them or any other way of just tucking away a wee sum for a while.? hmmmmm! cheers for now Stu.:idea:

Hey Stu,

I know my husbands been looking into this for a wee while so I'll point out your post to him tomorrow n hopefully will help.

Gill

Guest graandjac

:)A Term deposit is the way to go, the rates are changing so much as the intrest rates keep comming down. Its worth shopping around for the best rates as even .1 or .2 can make a good difference on a half decent amount, ours just came out but there was no fees ...!! i think

Guest dave&jacky
    Hi folks , just a question for anyone who has taken money over recently , we have taken advantage of the exchange rate just now as it was crap 6 months ago when we came over. like many we opted to budjet and try not not to transfer too much when we arrived.So now that we have taken a small amount over i'm just wondering where to put it . We would like to just tuck it away for 6 months in a high interest acount but are pretty disalusioned buy all of the high street banks with their hidden charges and all. I see that Bankwest do a 6 month account at 8.1 percent interest. how good is that??? or is it? does anyboby know of this ,them or any other way of just tucking away a wee sum for a while.? hmmmmm! cheers for now Stu.:idea:

Hi Stu we put some money in a e-savings account with westpac and got 7.75% but that may have changed now with all the problems going on.

cheers dave.