Anyone been on any seminars

Guest Rachael Reeve

Guest Rachael Reeve

Just would like to no if anyone has been on any semiars? We are going on one this weekend at the Novtoel near Heathrow.:) Are they any good? We are just trying to get as much info as we can, we are hoping it will help;)

Hi

I went a seminar on Oz/NZ a while back - I found it to be a great fact finding mission. Go with all the questions you need to ask in mind and ask everyone! Pick up loads of paperwork from all different companies - sit down when you get back and go through it all - a lot you can just discard, but there will be some useful info in there.

All the best.

Kim :)

Just would like to no if anyone has been on any semiars? We are going on one this weekend at the Novtoel near Heathrow.:) Are they any good? We are just trying to get as much info as we can, we are hoping it will help;)

Hi

We went to the leeds job expo and I was surprised to see how small it was. There were only a few companies mainly from mining, health. Westpac was there and currency companies. We did find out a few things but as I am constantly on the net, we didn't find out much more than we already knew.

Also I had booked a hotel thinking we would need the two days when infact we did it all in 2/3 hours. However, made the most of the time without the kids (I you have kids dont take them they will be bored). Glad we went to say we have been to one. If you haven't started the process to emigrate then I think it would be more helpful.

Hope this helps Janine

Guest mightyBouch

Hi

We went to the Expo last weekend at Olympia in London, although very interesting and informative we did it in about 3 hours like Janine has said.

We took our kids but entertained them by going round the stands and seeing what freebies they could get! They got hats, beach balls, sun screen, pens, rugby ball, sweets, teddies...loads of stuff! We then fulfilled our side of the agreement by taking them to Hamleys!

One bit of advice though, if you intend to talk to the immigration or visa services people get there early the queue to see them was round the other side of the hall when we left!

I do think it was worth going as we are at the beginning of the process and did find it helpful.

Mike

Hi

We went to the leeds job expo and I was surprised to see how small it was. There were only a few companies mainly from mining, health. Westpac was there and currency companies. We did find out a few things but as I am constantly on the net, we didn't find out much more than we already knew.

Also I had booked a hotel thinking we would need the two days when infact we did it all in 2/3 hours. However, made the most of the time without the kids (I you have kids dont take them they will be bored). Glad we went to say we have been to one. If you haven't started the process to emigrate then I think it would be more helpful.

Hope this helps Janine

Guest theshearers

We went to Olympia on Sunday and were in and out in an hour!! We were suprised at how small it was. There weren't as many employers there as we thought there would be.

We have already started applying for our Visa so didn't need any of that type of info and having been to the expo at Sandown Park a few years ago we had all the removals, banking, pensions etc info.

I suppose if you were at the beginning of the process it would have been good but I would say they one at Sandown was much better and informative as there was much more there.

They are definatly worth a visit at the beginning of the process as you will get loads of info.

Vicki

Guest Sharon and Paul

HI , We went to the London expo last year, It was a good buzz , people anxious , excited , worried but all in all a good day out . Don,t sign up to agent,s check um out first ie on PIA . Get loads of freebies job/ property papers to have a browse through . with no kids even better, they would be board once they have eaten all the chocolate freebies ? .

Guest Rachael Reeve

Thank for your replys its nice to no that they can help with somethings.:v_SPIN: We are going to get as much info as we can, we hope and the freebies:wideeyed: