Teachers help needed please

Guest Em76

I have just received an assessment report saying that my skills meet the TRB requirements and that one of the things I need to complete the final phase is a Criminal record check from the UK. Does this mean the CRB check you get here to be a teacher, or the police check you get when you make the visa application?

Any help will be hugely appreciated

Em x

Em

Its the police check not the CRB. However if your visa has been issued in the last year they will accept this as proof of your good character. You'll also need to do a first aid course and mandatory reporting course prior to registration. You can down load the TRB forms from their website, it has the fees schedule and info about what you have to do. Be advised the skills assessment is only a part of the registration process and registration itself can take up to six weeks.

PM me if you want any more details.

B

Em

Its the police check not the CRB. However if your visa has been issued in the last year they will accept this as proof of your good character. You'll also need to do a first aid course and mandatory reporting course prior to registration. You can down load the TRB forms from their website, it has the fees schedule and info about what you have to do. Be advised the skills assessment is only a part of the registration process and registration itself can take up to six weeks.

B

Hi Bodie sorry to hijack this post but today I just printed off the form for SA registration to teach (hubby is Secondary school PE teacher), bloody hell how expensive is that....robing devils. $370 plus a further criminal check for SA $23. I wouldn't mind we just had to pay a further $100 to get the skill assessed again by SA Teaching, sent that off last week. :arghh:

Jan

I know it's a lot to have to pay out when you haven't even got work yet. Make sure you have all your University transcripts to provide them with - it was getting these that held up mine.

Fortunately hubby got transcripts some time ago as we looked at going to New Zealand. Your right a lot to pay out initially and probably won't have a job hopefully some supply work. Thanks for advice.

Jan

Em

B

Many thanks for the help Bodie, unfortunately my visa is over a year old so I will have to get my police checks redone! Never mind, at least it is easier to sort whilst still in the UK. I am booked on the mandatory reporting course, but there is no reference to the First Aid course on the TRB stuff - is it still necessary?

Em

As the TRB operates in the SA context they assume that you will know that you have to have one. Minimum course is approx $100 and must last at least 6 hours to be issued with the BELS (Basic Emergency Life Saving) cert & qualification.

B