Jump to content

Reporting to Immigration????

Guest Carkyde

Recommended Posts

Guest Carkyde

Hi I read on a post on PIA someone mentioned they reported to Immig when they got to Adelaide. Do we have to do that??? :unsure:I had not heard of this before.

We're coming on a 175 visa.


Cheers Caroline

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi Caroline


This query mainly crops up with the subclass 457 temporary visa. The idea of the 457 is that the visa holder travels to Oz very soon after it is granted, so there is no time to send his passport away first etc.


Instead, DIAC issue a letter which the airlines will accept and so will Immi control at the Aussie airport. The visa holder then has to go to the nearest DIAC office within 14 days of arrival in Oz and they will put his 457 visa label into his passport whilst he waits.


I do know one guy who did this. His visa was granted one Friday morning and he flew to Oz the following Friday. His wife and their son followed 10 days later and all the visa labels were dealt with in Perth post arrival.


Best wishes



Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. By continuing to use our site, you accept our use of cookies, revised Privacy Policy and Terms of Use