richjop

Investment property/holiday home

Our dream of Australia was always a boat and a seaview but due to job and school choices we actually live near the city. We are in the fortunate position of having good pensions brought over from the UK and plenty of equity in our home so one thing we would be considering is an investment property that we could use in the summer. What I need is some long termers/locals to tell me where....we have about 250/300 AUD and would be looking to use it most weekends in the summer, school holidays etc and possible rental in the Winter months. It can't be too far from Adelaide that it becomes a pain to drive down there but obviously we would like a watery feel!!!! Any ideas gratefully received.

Thanks

Joanne

Guest Guzzler&Sas
    Our dream of Australia was always a boat and a seaview but due to job and school choices we actually live near the city. We are in the fortunate position of having good pensions brought over from the UK and plenty of equity in our home so one thing we would be considering is an investment property that we could use in the summer. What I need is some long termers/locals to tell me where....we have about 250/300 AUD and would be looking to use it most weekends in the summer, school holidays etc and possible rental in the Winter months. It can't be too far from Adelaide that it becomes a pain to drive down there but obviously we would like a watery feel!!!! Any ideas gratefully received.

Thanks

Joanne

Hi,

A few ideas from me would be Yorke Penninsula, Hindmarsh Island at Goowla, or have a look for a "shack" on the Murray,

Good luck,

Guzzler

Most of the aussies I know have 'shacks' out at Moonta on the Yorke Peninsula. But if you were looking to rent out to Brits during the winter, you could look down towards Aldinga/Sellicks, which are still considered "commutable" distance to Adelaide by some.