Still trying to sell

Guest hrubieszowianka

Guest hrubieszowianka

Hello!

We've been trying to sell our house since April. 2 offers later we are back on the market and just had second viewing. Well, I don't want to jump the gun, but I am hoping for an offer on Monday. I am expecting an offer much below the asking price for obvious reasons and I have set myself a minimum acceptable price. However, no matter what price we accept, I want to do it under 1 condition: exchanging contract in ??? weeks. The question is: what is the reasonable but the shortest time we can demant exchanging contacts?

Any ideas? And please keep your fingers corssed for us, maybe, just maybe the 3rd time will be lucky.

Guest Guest75

I'd say i month would be a minimum time.

The trouble is that it can take the solicitors ages to get everything in order,they have so much paperwork to go through.

It may be the solicitors that could hold you up - so you need a clear agreement from them to say they can do everything in the agreed time.

Guest vikkiann

We were expecting to exchange within 4 weeks but buyer pulled out at the last minute but other than him being an arse everything else was ready.

Obviously it depends whether or not there is a chain.

Good luck though.

Vikki

Guest Sharon and Paul

HI ALL, If you got a good solicitor then contracts could be exchanged easy in 4 weeks , a friend of ours done it in half that but that was some time ago. Just hope the first time buyer has sorted out there morgage and don't get cold feet?. ATB PAUL

You have to be really on the ball with this kind of agreement. You must get the solicitors to agree in writing that that is what they will push for. We asked for a 28day exchange and it ended up taking months as our buyer took a while to get her mortgage approval (as did her buyer) they also both used firms of solicitors who have a call room set up, so it's never the same person working on the case twice! If it is a simple chain, the buyer is in a good position, with mortgage arranged etc it can be done fairly quickly, but be prepared to sit on the phone and ask questions every day.

Guest hrubieszowianka

Well, we got an offer and accepted it. They are first time buyers, and I do hope they will want to move in before Christmas. I would.

We are going to get on estate agent's and solicotor's case, as much as it takes.

Thank you for all the advice.