rentals....... ????

the fishers

Hi guys

just been reading all the threads regarding rental nightmares... I have to say I am a little worried!! we are flyin to Adelaide on 12th feb and have a short term rental for 6 weeks.....

do you reckon this is going to be enough time to find somewhere long term? ( I know thats probs hard to answer)

Is there anything I can do this end to make life easier ie. register with agents! ?

Are there specific areas that are more difficult to get a rental in than others?

any thoughts or ideas would be welcome!

Thanks

H xxxxxxxxxxxxxx :err:

hi there

no dont worry - the fact you have a short term rental for 6 weeks is very wise and that is what django warned us about. we took his advice and booked in for 4 weeks but with 6 weeks i think that is even better as we found our rental on the last day of our 3rd week so we were starting to panic plus we couldnt move in when our short term rental was finished we had to wait so therefore had to extend this place which thankfully we were able to do. we know people who were only booking into a short term rental for 2 weeks and that is just not long enough.

having 6 weeks just gives you the time to look for a place you are happy with and not feeling so urgent about having to take a place as you are nearly homeless! so look forward to coming over and dont worry as you will be fine - just start looking for rentals as a priority next to a job when you get here.

all the very best

sjs

Guest guest569

6 weeks is vey sensible. it will give yourselves enough time to get everything sorted and find the right suburb that suits your needs without rushing into anything. If your container leave 6 weeks before you the timing would be good for delivery this end if thats possible.

I notice your from Pinner. my best mate used to run a pub called" the hand in hand' in the town. We used to many a good night out there and then off to hearts and tarts !!!:jiggy: Those were the days.:biglaugh:

6 weeks is vey sensible. it will give yourselves enough time to get everything sorted and find the right suburb that suits your needs without rushing into anything. If your container leave 6 weeks before you the timing would be good for delivery this end if thats possible.

I notice your from Pinner. my best mate used to run a pub called" the hand in hand' in the town. We used to many a good night out there and then off to hearts and tarts !!!:jiggy: Those were the days.:biglaugh:

Ha ha ha "the Hand" yeah know it well spent many a drunken evening in there!! its now a lame italian restaurant !! (like Pinner needed anymore restaurants!!)

thanks guys for the positive feedback, i feel more confident about finding somewhere to rent now.... I can tick that off the list of stuff to worry about and move onto something else!!!! Roll on Feb 09 WOOO HOO xxxx