Mfi

sueoc

Guest SA Great

Is it that bad over there at the moment? Thats the good thing living in the arse end of the world (as one of our prime ministers, Paul Keating, once called Australia!) you tend to not get hit as hard on these things.

Is it that bad over there at the moment? Thats the good thing living in the arse end of the world (as one of our prime ministers, Paul Keating, once called Australia!) you tend to not get hit as hard on these things.

MMMM...believe me...its coming....with all the motorshows being cancelled around Oz due to economic conditions, and ppl just not spending i got a letter saying 'internal restructuring' will be takin place. Find out next week......

Any one got any printers jobs...??

Dan

Guest tooeasy

dont think it will hit as hard here as in the uk as they are doing stuff here to encourage spending ie $1000 for each child if you claim family assistance

the uk is really going down the pan spoke to my dad on the phone the banks not passing on intrest rate cuts the biggest home builder still not building (persimon) and new houses and appartments lying empty his friend works for barrats and he only working 2 days a week and thats just cleaning up and jobs like that and he is a bricklaying forman for them :sad:

Guest ade&emma

My step dad runs a building firm up north. This time last year he employed 30+ lads. He has had to lay them all off and he is back out laying brick himself. My OH's step dad has just been made redundant. He worked in the warehouse for MFI. I think we got out just at the right time.