Guest vijnit

Is Ebay and General internet shopping common in Adelaide ?

Guest vijnit

Hi Guys,

Question..

Here in the yUK, Ebay, Amazon,Play.Com, etc, are our alternatives to Argos and Dixons when we want to buy something here. What's it like there in Adelaide ?. do you guys do much internet shopping ?

or is everything shop based when it comes to buying gadgets, household stuff etc ?

I suppose delivery charges can be quite big there esp. if you buy from a different state ?

Just want to get an idea to what to expect when we get there in May.

Cheers,

Vijay.

Hi,

I have bought of Ebay Australia since being here...and its exactly the same!

I dont think the internet for shopping is as wide spread..but it is growing

All the big stores here like Kmart, Target and BigW have internet shops!

Dan

Gotta' admit I shop online less here - the junk mail over here is way more interesting, if you like a bargain. Plus, you can haggle, which is great fun.

Guest Kazzarazza

Hi Vijnit, Ebay was launched in Australia back in 1999 and we have used it for years without any problems, buying and sellling stuff from within Australia and from overseas without any problems. We have also used Amazon from the US - both service and price have been excellent. Most large retail stores here also offer online shopping.

Guest graandjac

:laughxmas:The best thing about e-bay here which i use loads is instead of saying hello when you log in it says G'day.......................got to love it:laughxmas:

Guest vijnit

Cheers Guys - for your responses - looking forward to surfshopping there :-)

Guest Fancy a Beer
    Cheers Guys - for your responses - looking forward to surfshopping there :-)

Have to say I used online shopping for nearly everythign in the UK, and its no where near as good here, alot of the big shops have a very limited online service, Toys R Us for example you cant buy anything online have to go into the store, which makes Christmas buying etc a litttle harder! I am sure it will catch up but it was quite hard at first, depends what you are used to!

I use Ebay Oz loads to buy and sell and been fine no problems, only thing that is very different is watching the postage is quite a bit more here than in the UK! Is things in the UK would be £2-£3 here they are $10+ sometimes, so bumps up the cost, I have also noticed by looking around more in the shops a lot of stuff is more expensive on Ebay with the postage costs etc than in the shops, but as they say horses for courses!!

Guest Fancy a Beer
    Hi

Next question - can you shop at Next online??????

Thanks

:biglaugh::biglaugh: Well thats probably the only thing I miss being here in Oz is good old Next!! I recently emailed them and received a reply that said they had no plans in the immediate future to dispatch to Australia! I buy alot of Brand New Next Stuff from Ebay UK and get it posted over, normally alot cheaper than buying direct from Next, or I have a nice cousin that I go on line and use her account and then transfer funds and then she posts it out, perfect!!

Also if you check out Target there is loads of stuff in there that is very similar to Next!!

Guest graandjac
    Hi

Next question - can you shop at Next online??????

Thanks

Maybe you should have a serious look at weather coming to Adelaide is for you..........your missing things before you've even got here:wacko:, leave next in the uk along with M&S

Guest Fancy a Beer
    Maybe you should have a serious look at weather coming to Adelaide is for you..........your missing things before you've even got here:wacko:, leave next in the uk along with M&S

What??? Because "Kizzy" asked if she can order from Next online she needs to rethink her emigration, have a word!! :biglaugh:

What??? Because "Kizzy" asked if she can order from Next online she needs to rethink her emigration, have a word!! :biglaugh:

Hi

Thanks for this post I really appreciate it.

I haven't posted many comments on PIA and I've got to admit the previous post did upset me - I thought this forum was about asking questions/supporting members. I don't recall saying I would miss Next / M&S. I only asked a simple question "can you shop at Next online?".

Thank you

Tracey

Guest Fancy a Beer
    Hi

Thanks for this post I really appreciate it.

I haven't posted many comments on PIA and I've got to admit the previous post did upset me - I thought this forum was about asking questions/supporting members. I don't recall saying I would miss Next / M&S. I only asked a simple question "can you shop at Next online?".

Thank you

Tracey

Tracey dont even give it another thought and certainly DONT get upset by comments like that, people that make these sort of comments are normally VERY strange, I mean come on who doesnt miss Next & M&S ??!! :D

What a misery guts! He knows how to kill a thread stone dead doesn't he! LOL

My personal experiences of ebay here are that you can get some bargains ie furniture but it takes longer for the money to go through on paypal so if you want something in a hurry you are better off paying cash on pick up.

A lot of the stores have limited online shops but I would think that this would improve.

Carry on asking questions - it is what the site is intended for!

All the best with your move

Catherine

Guest Guest75
    I'd miss M&S..unless there is one ??

We have Target instead.:biglaugh: