Guest mr barn

New to site

Guest mr barn

Hi ,

Im new to this site , my oh is a brickie and we have been looking into taking the plunge , ive had some great info from gollywobbler who suggested state sponsership but western aus , well be have been doing a bit of research and like the look of SA . We are in no rush at the moment as we have family issuses to sort out (OH family have started world war three !) there is one thing if someone can answer , do you need a license in SA , or just the blue card ? may make a difference where we settle

Thanks Michelle

Guest BAZnDAF

Hi and Welcome to PIA. :D

Have no idea what a blue card is, but there are a few members on here who are in the building trade and may be able to help you.

Good luck trying to convince OH family :)

Barry

Hi Michelle

http://www.immi.gov.au/asri/occupations/b/bricklayer-4414-11.htm

Please scroll down below the Vetassess stuff. My reading of the SA stuff is that a brickie would not need to be licenced in SA unless he is somehow involved in electrical work as well as bricklaying. I am having a job to imagine the scenario.....

However Hubby would need the SA version of the Blue Card because that is to do with safety awareness on building sites. That said, it can be completed in half a day, courses are plentiful and cheap and so on:

http://www.ocba.sa.gov.au/licensing/

Best wishes

Gill,

Hi Michelle

Just wanted to say "hello" and welcome to PIA. Good luck with the relatives (nightmare I know!).

All the best.

Kim x:)

Guest mr barn

Great ,

we really are undecided where to settle , but we are going ahead with the move , so hopefully oh family will come round to the idea , otherwise its gonna be a bumpy ride ! but one im sure is going to be worth it

Thanks michelle