Computer on a go slow

Guest Nick11

Please please can anyone help.

My computer is running slow - need to upgrade the software on virginbroadband - its R2C25. I can't download it from virgin as its unavailiable. Been on whirlpool.net.au and know I can download it from there, but can't find it!:arghh:

Spent 2 hours today trying to phone virgin up:arghh::arghh:

Please can anyone help before I throw this computer out of the window!

Nick

x

Mines going slower too,the fan is working overtime,ive got 1 gb memory,so i reckon it needs another 1 gb,thats what im going to do,its worked for me before on another PC.Good Luck.

More ram is never a bad thing (up to a point) - Vista runs best with 2GB+ (some say 4GB+) and XP with 1GB+.

If it's a laptop, and the fan's working overtime, double-check the air outlets aren't blocked - had to strip a friend's 17" HP laptop, just to get to the processor fan/heatsink - totally caked with dust, enough to make it shut down!

Look at the processes that run when the machine starts up; almost everything peice of software you install (for you printer, camera, phone etc) wants to install something that will run whenever your machine starts up - try to limit these and you'll have more free physical memory available for the stuff that you do actually want to run ;-)

J.