June 13th Girls Day Out McLaren Vale

Guest Libby1971

Guest Bakers

Hi phew i broke the ice & pm'd Kath all being well with hubbys shifts i'm in & will drop money into Kath this week feel quite silly about the nerves but think meeting new people is just what i need at the mo & a few wines will surely help looking forward to meeting you all Tess x

Guest mollybailey
Hello ladies

The details are:

9.15 Woodcroft Shopping Centre

Visit 2 wineries before lunch

Lunch at Parri winery

Visit 3 wineries after lunch

Leave McLaren Vale approx 4.15, ish.

Lunch is a platter of seasonal local produce, followed by freshly baked scones, with tea and coffee.

Total cost is $45.00

Only thing is...the minibus must be full. If it isn't then I can't deal with the stress and I will reimburse you in full. However full payment must be made in advance, and pref within the next 3 weeks. If we need to, we can book another mini minibus. Once you have paid then you are confirmed as being on the trip.

Pm me for address details.

hi i am amanda and have been here 4 mths my friend told me about this trip would like to come how do i go about paying you!

Guest mollybailey

hi libby i would love to come on the wine tour have been here 4mths and need to meet some people, how do i get the money to you?

amanda

Guest theshaws

Hi

Me and a couple of friends would like to come on this. Is there still spaces available? We all live in Seaford Rise so would we be able to get on the minibus that is coming that way?

Lisa

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Libby1971

Right, sorry for the delay ladies, I've had some serious stress over the last week which has resulted in some distressing/ continuing to be stressful news for our family.

Either way my head has been in the wrong place totally and I have made some almighty cock ups. Apologies to those I am about to upset!

Basically the situation is that if you were one of the first to pay then your place is secure, whether you paid me or Kath. If you have paid in the last few days, then that is where it gets hazy.

The list I have for those going is as follows:

Minibus 1

1. Libby
  2. Glenys
  3. Glenys' friend
  4. Sherilyn
  5. Linda
  6. Debbie
  7. Rachel - rachiegarlo
  8. Denise Knight
  9. Alexis - lulujim
  10. Helen Cole
  11. Paula Snell
  12. Hayley - Gipsy
  13. Bob-the driver

Minibus 2

1. Kath - kjc79
  2. Nicky - nickyalan
  3. Myrtle - jetskitony
  4. Cheryl
  5. Linda - loobyloo
  6. Janice
  7. Kerry - coolio
  8. Tess - Bakers
  9. Lisa - theshaws
  10. Ffjon
  11. Tracey
  12. Michelle
  13. Carmen - the driver

We are doing a pick up in Seaford. I've spoken to Kath who thinks the best place is Westpac side of the Shopping Centre, outside VideoEzy. I've a limited idea of where this is but we'll find it. Basically, spot 2 minibuses!!

I am sorry for any confusion. There has been a flurry of interest in the last few days. I haven't spoken to any of the wineries to ask if they can take more, but it is an option if someone else is prepared to drive maybe a few around, in say a Kia Carnival or a Jackaroo or something. All wineries will take a few on the day who just HAPPEN to show up. I have been thrown completely off base in the last few days and have shut down a bit. I am about to pay depoits and all sorts, which I am late doing so I hope everything is still okay.

I have taken 1 call tonight from Mark who was incredibly patient when I went off on one, and I publically apologise! I'll call you tomorrow Mark...

Guest Libby1971

I'm an arse who can't count...

I have just booked a 3rd minibus which can seat 12 people which means that I think everyone who wanted to go and couldn't now possibly can.

HOWEVER;

1. I need a driver, someone with a full and clean driving licence, who can be at Lonsdale with me about 8am, ish on Saturday.

2. I need to sort out food. I am not sure that I can sort lunch out for another 12 at such short notice.

AND I might need to be a bit creative with the route of the bus...but in short, if 12 people want a day out at some wineries down south, then I can do it.

I have just phoned Mark and am about to contact yogiyoung, jorose and a couple of others who pmed me. Again, this minbus needs to be full, which means 11 people and a driver.

You must let me know NOW and pay me basically tomorrow or I'll be cancelling it. I don't want it to be half full and have other people trying to meet the rest of the costs.

Hi Libby

I have got to go to the Barossa on the friday night now for a tasting so will not be able to get back here by the morning would love to catch up with you all so I wondered if I could meet you at Parri's and maybe have lunch with you all, let me know if this would ok if the third bus is going and they can't cater for everyone I will leave it for the next one, many thanks for organising this event I know it takes a lot of time and effort!

I'm an arse who can't count...

I have just booked a 3rd minibus which can seat 12 people which means that I think everyone who wanted to go and couldn't now possibly can.

HOWEVER;

1. I need a driver, someone with a full and clean driving licence, who can be at Lonsdale with me about 8am, ish on Saturday.

2. I need to sort out food. I am not sure that I can sort lunch out for another 12 at such short notice.

AND I might need to be a bit creative with the route of the bus...but in short, if 12 people want a day out at some wineries down south, then I can do it.

I have just phoned Mark and am about to contact yogiyoung, jorose and a couple of others who pmed me. Again, this minbus needs to be full, which means 11 people and a driver.

You must let me know NOW and pay me basically tomorrow or I'll be cancelling it. I don't want it to be half full and have other people trying to meet the rest of the costs.

Guest helen & co

Hi, I had a really good time yesterday, a big thank you to Libby for taking the time to organise the trip, never easy I know, but you did us proud. Once again a lovely group of women, it was wonderful to chat, laugh, and taste the wine with you all hic!!. If anything is organised for the future I will be the first in line.

Thank you

Helen

Oh nearly forgot Bob and Carman.............. without you it wouldn't have happened, thanks for driving us.

yes a big thankyou and well done for a sucessful trip libby and thankyou to carmen and bob (especially bob driving our fun bus with the conversations from 12 tipsy ladies :biglaugh:) - the patience of a saint he had

it was a good day out had by all i think :)

kathx

Guest Lulujim

I totally agree - great day, great company, great selection of wineries.... can't wait to go again! Thanks Libby for organising it - and thank you to the drivers :notworthy:

Guest coolio

Ditto thanks Libby, Bob and Carmen for all your time and effort in making it a really enjoyable day out.

Thanks also to all you lovely ladies .Having only been here just over 3 weeks and feeling very nervous at the thought of meeting so many new people in one go, at no point did I feel an outsider. You all made me feel welcome and I truly appreciate it :notworthy:

Kerry xx

Guest GIPSY

Hi

Big thanks to Libby for organising yesterday, it was a great day. Fab choice of wineries and lunch was lovely.

It was great to meet some lovely people and have a good ole' chin wag :-)

Thanks also to the drivers and navigators - much appreciated

Hayley x

Guest Bakers

Yep it was a great day Libby you did us proud,Bob & Carmen thanks for driving us mad lot around & to all the lovely peeps i had the privilege to meet & chat with thanks for making it such fun & i'm running short on wine already whoops lol tess x

Guest jetskitony

Hi,

thanks Libby for a really enjoyable day,we had so much fun,thankyou to the drivers as without you it couldnt have happened,looking forward to the next one.

Myrtle

Guest Libby1971

I was wondering if, now that things/ wine bottles have settled a bit, anyone had lost anything or couldn't find something. If this applies, please can you give me a shout.

Thanks for your kindness. We had a great time, glad you did too