Guest The Pickles

Mobile phone sim card or new deal?

Guest The Pickles

I've tried to look through some old threads but can't find the info I'm looking for. We arrive in 5 weeks and I'm trying to work out what's best on the mobile phone front... getting a new pay as you go mobile phone (Optus seem to be recommended - is this an online company only?) or just getting a sim card and using my current phone... any suggestions/recommendations would be great.

Many thanks

Marilyn

Take your phone down to one of the shops and they will tell you whether it will work here. If it does then you can buy a sim card and do prepaid. Most of the companies have deals for prepaid type setups as long as you renew your phone credit before it runs out, like 150 free texts etc. They will have this info on line.

My kids have prepaids with 3 as they get a good deal with extra stuff and can ring each other for free. Other main companies are Optus, Telstra, Virgin mobile.

Guest philnjulie

hi, make sure you get your phones unlocked before leaving uk and get a sim here on pre paid, can be changed to a contract at a later date phil