Yo

just been offered a job with Gribbles Pathology in Wayville. As we are still in the UK i don't know the area at all. Just wondered if anybody knows the area? What is the housing like? We have 2 young children, any good schools in that area? Which good housing areas are within commuting distance? Any good rentals in the area? Any advice greatly accepted. Job due to start in July and still haven't sold the house. Hectic time ahead i am sure.

Cheers

Guest lippy

Gribbles is on the corner of Greenhill & Goodwood Roads to the southside of the parkland bordering the City. Would be easy to commute from the East, West & South.

Check out the rental forum for a 3 bed rental in Plympton - it's only about 10mins from Gribbles (if that!).

Sorry don't know anything about the schools.

Good luck and congratualtions on the job

Julie

Guest hrubieszowianka

Hi!

That place is at Greenhill Rd, which is just outside the Parklands, south of the CBD, there are plenty of nice places nearby to live, all residential areas start from there: Goodwood, Unley, Parkside and further down. Renting at the moment seems to be a bit harder, by which I mean there are a lot of candidates, but sooner or later everybody gets a place. If you get an OAA, you'll have plenty of time to look. It took us 3 weeks, but we looked only at 2 properties.

Living near the city is good, it takes you no time to get to wherever you're going, and the state schools are fine, as these are quite good areas. There are plenty of prive ones as well to choose from.

Thanks for both replies, some useful advice. It's good to here that the area around Greenhill / Goodwood road is OK both for renting and for schools. I,ve checked out the rental recommendation may follow it up. Does a weekly rent of $380 seem reasonable for that area? What would you expect to be the average for a 3 bedroomed rental in that area? Comments welcomed.

Cheers

Guest Trakki

I drive past gribbles on my way to work. I live in Woodcroft which is South of the city, it takes about 25mins to get there from where I live and is out of the city. Good schools etc. Near me you have Reynella, morphett vale, happy valley, old reynella. All ok areas.

HTH

Guest Aussie pat

You will leave yourselves lots of options re suburbs, housing etc. by working in that location. It will also be good if one of you is still looking for work as it's near the CBD and some of the main arterial roads that have businesses along them. We chose a short term rental until we got to Adelaide so we could drive around and look at areas for ourselves. I'd highly recommend it. Goodluck.

I pass gribbles on my way to work and I live in Glenelg. Working in that location you could just about live anywhere in the metro area and not be too far from work. However i travel to work very early being a nurse and peak hour traffic can be bad so consider living near food transport links ie train or tram stop.

Kris

Thanks for replies it's put my mind at ease to know there is plenty of choice in that area. One thing i did notice is the airport is fairly close to that area do you get much noise, low flying planes in those residential areas.