Jobs in Marketing / Events???

Guest jessmck

Guest jessmck

Hi - Im going to be arriving i Adelaide in August and i cant wait!

I currently work as a marketing manager and wondered if anyone new of any recruitment companies who deal with marketing / events careers? marketing agencies / events management companies i could look into?? any advise greatly apprecaited!

This is a hard field to get into and you will need to do some networking when you get here. I have an MA in International Tourism Management and have worked in conferencing before, but have had no luck so far. Get your resume in order, get some good letters of ref before you leave the UK, then network as much as you can when you arrive, and be prepared to start 2 steps back to get 1 step forward.

Guest Jo&Phil

Have a look at the professional association for Meetings and Events professionals www.mea.org.au

It is pretty competitive - ideally you need to demonstrate qualifications and robust and relevant experience.

Guest Kazzarazza
Hi - Im going to be arriving i Adelaide in August and i cant wait!

I currently work as a marketing manager and wondered if anyone new of any recruitment companies who deal with marketing / events careers? marketing agencies / events management companies i could look into?? any advise greatly apprecaited!

Hi Jessmck.

Have you tried looking at www.seek.com.au

Try to do a broad search as, quite often, Event related jobs can get advertised in Marketing, Administration, Promotions, Hospitality, Tourism etc. Even if the "right" job isn't there today, you should be able to find plenty of agent's details from the advertisements.

Cheers, Kazza

Guest gingernuts

I'm in a similar position to you as I work in the marketing and events fields. It is tough in Britain to get into these areas and even though I'm a manager here I am under no illusion on how difficult it will be gaining a good position there.

Good luck in your search, and please let me know how you get on. I know that the area of emplyment is by far my biggest worry!

GN