Guest chloebopper

Temporary housing

Guest chloebopper

Hi, we have contacted the SA immigration dept regarding on arrival services and temporary council accommodation on arrival in Adelaide, they will not provide this as we are travelling on a 457 visa, anybody else come across this and what did you do.:wacko:

Hi

My wife and I travel to Aus next week on a 457 visa, we to are not entitled to OAA but alowed the meet and greet service which we have taken up, we have booked in a hotel for a couple of nights and then in a holiday villa for a couple of weeks and hopefully in that time we can secure a longer term rental.

Hope every thing goes o/k for your selves.

Steve

Guest chloebopper
    Hi

My wife and I travel to Aus next week on a 457 visa, we to are not entitled to OAA but alowed the meet and greet service which we have taken up, we have booked in a hotel for a couple of nights and then in a holiday villa for a couple of weeks and hopefully in that time we can secure a longer term rental.

Hope every thing goes o/k for your selves.

Steve

Hi Steve,

Have you got any advise for us as it's getting a bit close now. We've had our visas since last year but have been struggling to sell our house. Which flight company did you use if you don't mind me asking, were looking to book ours soon. Hope the move goes well next week. Good luck.

Gareth.:swoon:

Guest chloebopper
    Hi Gareth,

When do you arrive? I have a couple of vacancies in my furnished rentals at the moment so could do you a good deal.

Cheers,

Donna Jacob 0409 472188

Hi,

We are hoping to arrive at the end of August all being well, we are looking for a 3 bedroom accommodation, furnished. What sort of price would we be looking at.

Guest chloebopper

HI

Will have a look on the website and discuss it with my wife but we are interested in this as an option for 3 months maybe 6 if its right for us. Thanks.

Hi Gareth

We are flying with Emirates, booked the flights through Trailfinders, have booked a few times before with them and always found them very helpfull.

Steve

Guest Andy Woollett

Hi Steve

I don't know if this will help you but if you were looking to rent longer term then we are moving out of a rental in South Plympton middle of July - we arranged a rental for a year from Dec.08 (to secure the rental) but have now bought a house in Somerton Park, the rental is $410/week (not cheap I know) but it's a large 4 bed,2 bathroom property in a nice close, good neighbours and convenient for most places. Hope this may be of interest for you,

cheers

Andy

Guest countdown1975

Has anyone tried the gumtree website - they seem to have places to rent. Do you have to go through the rental agencies or do people advertise in the local papers generally for places to rent. We own our own house here in Ireland and don't have a rental reference :-(

Guest ozziespurs
    Hi Steve

I don't know if this will help you but if you were looking to rent longer term then we are moving out of a rental in South Plympton middle of July - we arranged a rental for a year from Dec.08 (to secure the rental) but have now bought a house in Somerton Park, the rental is $410/week (not cheap I know) but it's a large 4 bed,2 bathroom property in a nice close, good neighbours and convenient for most places. Hope this may be of interest for you,

cheers

Andy

Hi we to are arriving 31st Aug and looking for temp furnished accomodation, Is the place furnished? I emailed OAA heard nothing back so lookin for some where with reasonable priced rent until OH gets settled in employment.

Thanks for any info.