Construction work - Adelaide

Guest fatman

Guest fatman

Recently noticed there have been a few posts stating a downturn for Building trade, has anyone noticed this being the case!?

We are expecting to move to Adelaide later this summer and starting to feel a bit concerned!?

Graham, Janis & Sophie Price (Aberdeenshire/Scotland)

:skeptical:

Guest moonraker1959

Well I read news.com.au (scroll down the page and click on the Oz map on SA) pretty much everyday and only last week they announced they were building 15,000 new homes north of Adelaide and I think a few thousand more somewhere else?South perhaps?As far as I know SA economy is looking pretty ok!

There is a bit of a slow down at the moment not sure how long it will last.A lot of people are spending on solar just now before the grant is cut back.So spending on that rather than other stuff.I think you will find that the 15000 homes are only a proposal nothing firm.

There is about to be a shedload of work coming up in Adelaide...

Huge new hospital, big airport development, Adelaide oval revamp if it gets approved and with many tradies about to troll of to the mines i think there will be loads of work for us in the coming years.

There is about to be a shedload of work coming up in Adelaide...

Huge new hospital, big airport development, Adelaide oval revamp if it gets approved and with many tradies about to troll of to the mines i think there will be loads of work for us in the coming years.

but with too many brickies for one state the work wont go around, apparently Victorias having a building boom there, conditions for brickies are better there as well so maybe look into that, it needs to be said that bricklaying IS hard out here no where near as easy as the uk, some will come on here and say its better, easier, more money etc, but for the average Joe it not........shame more people are not honest about it, it would save alot of stress and struggle, we know LOADS of brickies who have had similar experiences so kno we are not just a one off bad luck case, but hay hoe we love it here so for now the OH will put up with the crap !;)

Guest fatman
but with too many brickies for one state the work wont go around, apparently Victorias having a building boom there, conditions for brickies are better there as well so maybe look into that, it needs to be said that bricklaying IS hard out here no where near as easy as the uk, some will come on here and say its better, easier, more money etc, but for the average Joe it not........shame more people are not honest about it, it would save alot of stress and struggle, we know LOADS of brickies who have had similar experiences so kno we are not just a one off bad luck case, but hay hoe we love it here so for now the OH will put up with the crap !;)

Just reading your comments concerning Brickies.... could you explain in more detail the "stress/struggle" etc they have??! would appreciate any advice... thanks,

Graham, Aberdeenshire/Scotland :skeptical: