3 wks in on saturday

Guest Deano1970

Guest Deano1970

Hi all landed on 24th sept, lost on exchange rate, Haydn starts at Blackwood High on monday. i started work in Lonsdale 2nd wk in.Take rental car back saturday and pick up 2nd hand mondeo. $4000 wow cars are so exspensive here, did look at 2yr old though would have dug into our morgage deposit to much. Got accepted for rental in Coromandel Valley yesterday. Nice 4 bed $370 a wk. Container due 17th Oct. Ams still looking for part time job as have 2 yr old Jamie. Apart from that embracing our new life dwn under and loving the weather since it peed dwn 1st week here lol

Guest MaxandDebs

HI guys seems your settling in well we fly on 9th Nov but land in Adelaide monday 14th got 3nights in sinapore on way not long now,how hav you gone on for jobs i see your both joiners and iam too just wondering wot the work situation really like? thanks........

HI guys seems your settling in well we fly on 9th Nov but land in Adelaide monday 14th got 3nights in sinapore on way not long now,how hav you gone on for jobs i see your both joiners and iam too just wondering wot the work situation really like? thanks........
Hiya their seem to be a few jobs in the paper every week my o/h is fitting wardrobes but has gone self employed , Iam sure you will find something when you get here ... Have a great flight .. not long now x

• 1 month later...
Guest ewd@iprimus.com.au

Just read about this page in the Sunday Mail. Hang in there, nothing is easy when you first arrive. Yes cars are expensive compared to the U.K. (as are a lot of other things) Australia is a wonderful country and I am sure you will begin to love it. It's not 'wonderland' and you have to work as hard here as you did in the U.K. Believe it or not, everyone has a similar life style i.e. working, budgeting, stress etc. not sitting on the beach in the blazing sunshine all day having bbq's as the fairy tale portrays. My husband and I emigrated here as ten pound poms three months after we were married (albeit a bit easier not paying our fare and having no furniture etc.) We have had our ups and downs, but after 47 years consider ourselves "Aussies" We would never bad mouth England as it was where we were born but obviously we prefer to live in S.Aust. Good Luck and I hope you and your family will be very happy and thrive in South Australia - 'Especially now that Mike Rann has retired'

Guest Deano1970

Hi all , been here 9wks now, started a new job 4 wks ago as last one was casual. Been in rental 4wks and working in killkenny, take over an hr to get back to coromandel valley dwn south rd every nite. So looking forward to Xmas so I can spend some quality time with my kids. I will start looking for closer job after Xmas.We knew it would be hard so even though somedays I feel like going back,I tell my self it the land of opportunity and we will make it eventually. Anne-Marie's took up delivering junk mail to ease some pressure of me working all hours god sends. I think once we can finally get back on property ladder I will feel at home as we will be able to put our own stamp on it.

Well got to help deliver junk mail now sun as cooled dwn.

I'll keep you updated.