Our 5 week update!

Guest libbysmum

Guest libbysmum

Well what a rollercoaster 5 weeks! We arrived on 15th september, with $15000, 6 suitcases, no furniture / contents to follow us out and not knowing exactly where we were going to settle (although Victor Harbor was our internet research preference!).

After 5 weeks of not even having any time to fart :biggrin:, we have now settled in Goolwa. Have a nice house rental one street back from the beach, a car, a barber shop all set up kitted out and trading, daughter in school, dog arrived back to us safe and sound and met some lovely aussie and pommy friends.

Our house still isn't completely furnished, we still need to get a dining table and a bed for me and OH (have a mattress and making do), the kids beds are sorted though thats the main thing! We have made a very important purchase though (more important than our bed)- the BBQ :biglaugh: All this done with about $2000 dollars to spare, money now coming in instead of just being dished out so hopefully we've managed to successfully make the move on a fairly tight budget!!

We may now get a chance to relax a little and start enjoying the aussie lifestyle! Bring it on! Sunday looks like a nice day weather wise, here's to a day without garage sales / shopping / working on barber shop etc etc and just being able to chill!!

Guest moviemummy

Well done you! I am impressed, please don't tell my oh you got change from $15,000! He'll not be pleased with me!!!! LMAO. I am realy interested in the barbers shop thing. I would love a wee salon to rent, southern burbs. Did you need to pay key money or buy fixtures and fittings? PM if that would be better.

Happy for you all and so pleased to hear you are all doing well.

L x

Guest libbysmum
Hi Libbysmum

Great post. I love the sound of the area you have settled in, we have considered this area as we are not city people but like the idea of the beach . However, is it in realistic to commute to southern Adelaide.

Thanks

IrishStew (OH)

hiya IrishStew,

I think it all depends on how much commuting you would feel happy doing. For us the answer would be no, but for you maybe its do-able. If I give you some ideas of timings, it takes 45 minutes to get to Noarlunga, (from both Victor Harbor and Goolwa) and approximately 1hr 20 mins to the airport (if the expressway in your favour - its a one way road which is open in different directions at different times of the day/week).

I have spoke to a few people in Victor Harbor who commute to the south of the city for work daily and it doesn't bother them.

Hope this helps

sarah