Where did the Recommendations section go?

suzer

http://www.pomsinadelaide.com/forum/news-gossip/37478-forum-rule-changes.html

The reason it was taken down is that it was being abused and used for advertising. The reason recommendations was originally set up was for members to discuss and recommend areas/places to visit. None of the other AMF Network of forums have a recommendation section so PIA was being brought in line with those

Trying to find recommendations of Stratco approved builders of steel pergolas...please & thank you in advance!

Our Stratco Pergola was built by Premium Home Improvements. The whole process, including Council authority, was very easy and it looks very good. They were very efficient and came at times to suit me. However, I think they were probably slightly more expensive than an independent contractor. We just went to Stratco and told them we wanted a Pergola, they sent someone round and we took it from there.

Guest Guest12727

Hey Jim, you can add your work contact details to your signature at the bottom and reply to anyone who asks for joinery work.

You can also report any posts that appear to be simply advertising own services, rather than providing useful information. I have certainly appreciated the reduction in free advertising on this site since the new rules came in.

Yes its better now as only the select few can advertise their holiday lets and services.......:biggrin:

I agree it is a lot better and all the complaints have stopped filling my in box now it's no longer a free for all. People don't expect free advertising in newspapers etc so like you say the select few who pay are the ones whose businesses show. Don't forget though you can add a signature free of charge :wubclub:

Thanks for this. Yes, hoping for an Independent Contractor who is Stratco approved as hubs can then help a bit and keep the cost down if possible.

Our Stratco Pergola was built by Premium Home Improvements. The whole process, including Council authority, was very easy and it looks very good. They were very efficient and came at times to suit me. However, I think they were probably slightly more expensive than an independent contractor. We just went to Stratco and told them we wanted a Pergola, they sent someone round and we took it from there.