!warning! gazundering!!!

Scousemouse

:mad::arghh::shocked: Folks selling their houses..............beware.........

the practice of gazundering is under way in the (y)UK.

This basically involves the buyers delaying signing contracts, until you the seller has, then making a lower offer on your house. Some unscrupulous, nasty and snide purchasers are waiting until the last minute before your expected completion date to do this..........in our case 4 days!!!!!!

The callous swine who do this need to be taught a lesson. Legally there is little one can do because the buyers have not committed to the sale, yet.

However, the worm has now been black-balled from the golf club he wishes to join! I, personally have ensured that our neighbours (past lady and past captain, and chair of the greens commitee!); and some of our influential partners.......another past captain, house commitee chair, members chair are aware of this rotters behaviour. Not really enough, but a prestigeous club doesn't want HIS SORT associated with their membership!

BTW, he has applied twice before; he has a high handicap, no letter from God (we had introductory letter from the Lancashire R&A president), and was planning to use our neighbours to get him in, not now bucko....

So, dear readers, dont tell the rotten low life you're emigrating, do not sign until they do, and get a decent solictor.

Regards, a slightly jaded, somewhat hungover and feeling miserably vindictive

Jane

Guest Cunnah97

This basically involves the buyers delaying signing contracts, until you the seller has, then making a lower offer on your house. Some unscrupulous, nasty and snide purchasers are waiting until the last minute before your expected completion date to do this..........in our case 4 days!!!!!!

The callous swine who do this need to be taught a lesson. Legally there is little one can do because the buyers have not committed to the sale, yet.

However, the worm has now been black-balled from the golf club he wishes to join! I, personally have ensured that our neighbours (past lady and past captain, and chair of the greens commitee!); and some of our influential partners.......another past captain, house commitee chair, members chair are aware of this rotters behaviour. Not really enough, but a prestigeous club doesn't want HIS SORT associated with their membership!

BTW, he has applied twice before; he has a high handicap, no letter from God (we had introductory letter from the Lancashire R&A president), and was planning to use our neighbours to get him in, not now bucko....

So, dear readers, dont tell the rotten low life you're emigrating, do not sign until they do, and get a decent solictor.

Jane

I Sympathize so much as this happened to us also "1 hour" before due to complete!

Hence the reason we are now in OZ without a house sale and renting our property out in the UK now!

Good luck for the future!

Gill

Thanks Gill,

whats making this worse is, we are sat in an empty house, no pots pans, and the bugger is saying he cant sign until tomorrow!??

I hope he gets something nasty...............orchiditis maybe.

God forgive me..................but he has made me curse; and worse.

It isn't so mch the money; just the timing and the callous attitude about leaving us dangling like puppets.

The one consolation is we will have a better revenge by leaving this forsaken place and starting again in oz.

The sad thing is, it makes you feel like you will never trust anyone again, or will pull the same lousy trick on some poor innocent in the future.

Guest Aussie pat

Hi Jane,

I'm so sorry this has happened to you. We had a not disimilar experience ourselves and know how you feel. These types of people are quick thick skinned as we have found. We finally completed over a month ago and had to cop the price drop with gritted teeth just to get the deal done. Despite their behaviour our purchasers keep ringing us for little chats about how they're going and asking for advice on local services etc. We never want to have any further contact with them and keep hoping that the boiler or something else expensive blows up on them!

Hedy

Guest Libby1971

Something of this sort happened to my OH when he sold a house. 24 hours before the completion, he had a call to say that the money could not be raised in full so therefore they wanted to pay £5k lower. OH told them that was fine but he would be taking £5k worth of fixtures and fittings out of the house with him - they were changing the deal so he would too. Amazingly in under half an hour, the full price had been found after all!!!!!

Guest happy feet

Hi Jane,

Bloody BASTxxds.. Can't believe people can get away with this, t is so unfair.. Really feel for you. The sooner we all get out of this country the better... Keep your chin up lovey

Cara

Guest caoimhe

It is amazing how people can live with themselves. We are due to leave Friday and I have run out of Home heating oil so I just spent £50 to get some put in to tide the buyer over the weekend as I wouldn't leave anyone stuck without heat in this weather. Why can't people think of others a bit more, It only decent

Cheers Girls............it is just another reason why decent folk are getting the hell out of this dump!!!!!

In the words of Steven Lynch............i will drink it pretty (hic).

I wish the bugger ugly babies...............sad, but i do........

Steven Lynch is on you tube, sooooo very funny; not quite weird al yankovic, but funny.

Busy getting ratted, but thanks all for your support. Will STILL get on that plane, if i have to sell a baby to do so...........any offers;)

There are many ways you can get your own back though I have no idea if they are illegal:

If you've got hollow curtain poles, take the ends off & put some nice fresh prawns in there - they should start to add some character to the house when the new people have moved in. (shrimp paste might work too without leaving much in the way of evidence)

Only give 1 key for each lock

a bit of weed killer on a few choice garden plants

Don't clean the house before you leave (though some grubby sods seem to do this anyway)

Comb your dog/cat with a flea comb in a carpeted room. Make sure the fleas don't jump back on you though

& I'm sure you can think of many many more. By the way I have never done any of this - been lucky enough not to have to.

I have moved a couple of times recently from my own house into rented, and have always insisted that there is 2 weeks between exchange and completion. It's made clear at the start & I have never told a prospective buyer why I am moving, nor have I told the estate agent. I just say I fancy a move but not sure where to, I'll sell mine first & then rent somewhere for a bit, though I'm not in any rush.

If you let people know you are deperate to sell, are emmigrating, etc you are asking for trouble as there are some evil people out there.

Selling a house is nothing more than a game of poker, you always need to give the impression you hold all the cards!

Be smart people

Guest happy feet
There are many ways you can get your own back though I have no idea if they are illegal:

If you've got hollow curtain poles, take the ends off & put some nice fresh prawns in there - they should start to add some character to the house when the new people have moved in. (shrimp paste might work too without leaving much in the way of evidence)

Only give 1 key for each lock

a bit of weed killer on a few choice garden plants

Don't clean the house before you leave (though some grubby sods seem to do this anyway)

Comb your dog/cat with a flea comb in a carpeted room. Make sure the fleas don't jump back on you though

& I'm sure you can think of many many more. By the way I have never done any of this - been lucky enough not to have to.

I have moved a couple of times recently from my own house into rented, and have always insisted that there is 2 weeks between exchange and completion. It's made clear at the start & I have never told a prospective buyer why I am moving, nor have I told the estate agent. I just say I fancy a move but not sure where to, I'll sell mine first & then rent somewhere for a bit, though I'm not in any rush.

If you let people know you are deperate to sell, are emmigrating, etc you are asking for trouble as there are some evil people out there.

Selling a house is nothing more than a game of poker, you always need to give the impression you hold all the cards!

Be smart people

LIKE IT......:biglaugh:

Well said pesty;

my thoughts, feed the moggy exlax and empty the litter tray under the loft insulation! Day befor you leave, buy 2 mice from the pet shop, and put them under the floor boards, with food( this came from the estate agent!); cautic soda on the conservatiory roof.....breaks the seal, causes damp! have a leaving do in the house and let the boys have a p**sing against the wall contest.

TBH, i can't. Sadly, i am too bloody honest, and house proud.

I feel vindictive, and God knows there are others in a worse state than us......but what goes round, comes round.

I really do want him to have ugly kids; and b.o!!:biglaugh:

Enough, already..........lifes too damn short, we are all worth more than this guy, and have earned the right to say so

XXXXX

I thought your situation only happened to us, we had a sale on 10 July dropped £40 000 since May when we first put the house on the market the buyer we was origanally

told was a cash buyer, anyway as the sale went ahead, found out he wasn't and he

needed a morgage, someone in the estate agents told him we were leaving the country, then when we told our estate agents we were going on holiday for three weeks at the back end of August, our buyer came back with a reply he wants to complete a week after we get back. Ok we thought we will get our removal company in the week after we come back to take everything on its long voyage to Oz. So when we arrived home on the Friday (two days before the removal company comes) we had no contract on the floor phoned estate agent to find out what was going on they didn't have a clue no contact with our buyer, phoned our solicitor who also had no contact even though they had wrote several letters. Was told will sort it out on Monday by estate agents, Monday came so did the removals took everything in four days had no news from buyer then on the following friday wants to put move off for a month, we told him to sort it out or the house goes back on market, we got no response, or viewers then two weeks before we headed out for Oz we put our house up for let and handed in two weeks notice to our estate agents, a week on the rental market and we have four viewers and a young family with three children who wants to rent our house.

The story does not end here.

Our original buyer comes back and offers £20 000 less than the original offer, which we reject, then the estate agent pulls out all the stops having three people to view our house and we have another offer, we are going through the motions at the moment with the rental, even though we have told our estate agent we have let the house, they are still arranging viewing furiously on our house, collecting the keys for our property from our letting agent, we have decided we will not let the young family down they have been very honest with their succumstances with the let and as far as I am as long as they pay the rent I'm happy. Unfortunately our estate agent cannot reconcile to this and is pestering us daily with ten messages a day on the new offer that is on the table, we have become dissolution with estate agents and potential buyers.

My advice is get your estate agent working tell him to sort this sale at the agreed price or you will change estate agents. You can't trust estate agents either.

Julie

Guest dale_jo@

Jane

Carma!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:arghh:

OMG!! Jane, I can't believe this has happened!! Although its not unheard of as a buyer did the same to my parents house, luckily they got another buyer just before they moved over.

If you ever sell a house in Aus, be rest assured, that will NOT happen here. The buyer has a 2 day cooling of period when the vendor has accepted their offer, then everyone is contracted to the hilt. In 28 days approx, the house is sold!!

Well, don't worry hun, I'll be here with a nice cold beer (or a big glass of wine) on your arrival and we can toast to you and your family finally being in Adelaide.

Thinking of you,

Judi x0x0x0

Oops forget to say......Julie-Ruth, feel for you hun, estate agents have had too many years sitting on their bums and not doing much to make a sale.....well its now tough out there and they need to earn every penny you are paying them!!

Hope you get it sorted.

Judi x

CRUMBS!!!!

This thread is really worrying me as I 'sold' my house 2 weeks ago, surveyors been etc just waiting to confirm a completion date. But decided there is no way I am gonna book flights, shipping etc til contracts have been signed, cos Im too worried about buyers changing minds, gazundering and basically anything else that may go wrong!!!

I suppose at the end of the day a house aint sold til contracts are exchanged, and unfortunately we all need to remember that! Trying not to be negative! Honest!!:err:

Beat regards to all in the same situation.

Susan x

Guest woolmerdj

Bloody pig!!!! yes don't worry Jane, wait until by next year the house has dropped by another 10%. Just take all the fixtures and fittings with you. Remove the bulbs,ceiling roses and ball and cock from the loo, that will leave him in the **** without light at the end of the tunnel!!!

See ya Downunder

Jane

YOU GUYS:wubclub: ROCK!!!

Thanks all, what a super lot you are;

The exchange is set for tomorrow......friday, so fingers x'd peeps, that there are no more hold ups.

Will be on the wagon from now..........cant afford the wobbly water anyway ( selfish pig, i should sing on his doorstep!). However, Judi, to b polite, i will gladly accept a glass or two from you:); i am so self sacrificing, when other pay!!

Have taken on board all your suggestions and we will;

1 not clean the house

2 not clean the range cooker

3 not flush the toilets; and with 3 teenage boys in the place.......urghhh

4 not leave a light bulb.

Sadly, i cant remove the cast iron fire surround (worth about £1500), the bloody estate agents listed it........grrr, but the chimney will have a pillow shoved up it:biglaugh:

See you all soon.........just another 12 big sleeps.

So sorry to hear this happended to you guy's, we had the same problem 5 years ago, accepted offer on house then dropped price by £10,000 also paid £1,000 indemnity insurance due to problems with access road not being adopted by local council. Then the day we move the removals are at my house and I got a phone call from solicitor to say buyer would not sign unless we dropped by a further £15,000, had no choice cos buying a new house which we had put loads of upgrades in. I stopped the removal guy's and explained what had happended and told them to bring everything through the house from the Garden shed, you should have seen the state of my lovely cream carpets middle of winter by the way wet and very muddy. i also took all the light bulbs, all the weights and guides from the bottom of vertical blinds, did not clean the house left pool of water on kitchen floor where washing machine disconected, took the loft ladders and the loft bords.

Good luck with your move

Jo x

I stopped the removal guy's and explained what had happended and told them to bring everything through the house from the Garden shed, you should have seen the state of my lovely cream carpets middle of winter by the way wet and very muddy. i also took all the light bulbs, all the weights and guides from the bottom of vertical blinds, did not clean the house left pool of water on kitchen floor where washing machine disconected, took the loft ladders and the loft bords.

How satisfying!!!!;)