Fox & Firkin English pub, Tea Tree Gully

suzer

I think I have found the love of my life in pub form;) We went to the above last night, for a post Valentine's day dinner, since I was in Chicago for the actual day. The place is awesome. It's an old tea mill or something, and the bar, although small, is absolutely wicked. There's a restaurant upstairs (2x the price and similar food) but we ate at the pub as it was just such a great atmosphere down there. Got a beef & guinness pie...only the best one I've had in ages and ages and two pints, Bulmer's & Guinnes, 2 of the many they have on tap including Old Speckled Hen, Kilkenney, and many more. Expensive pints (think they were $7 or $8) but cheap and fantastic grub, and they often have live entertainment. Wicked!!!:notworthy:

I like the landlord - he's very glum but he makes me laugh, and spent some time regaling my daughter once with tales of all his ex marriages/partners! She was quite enthralled!!!

As to its address, well if you're coming eastwards up the North East Road, you go past St Agnes shopping centre, carry on till you see the Tea Tree Gully Hotel on the left, then just past the road crossroads, the Fox and Firkin comes up on the right hand side.

By the way, it's called the Fox and Firkin because apparently, if you approach it from the other side, you come down the hill, roll into the pub and say "Where the Fox my Firkin pint?"

Sometimes the live music can be a bit overpowering in there though.