Shocking hospital treatment

Guest Guest75

I'm sure similar stuff has been going on for ages. After I had my daughter (nearly 16 years ago) I went home from hospital, leaving her in the Neonatal Special Care Unit. When I went in to visit her, I needed my stitches checking (apologies if anyone's eating their breakfast) and of course, didn't have a bed any more, so they used to take me into the sluice room and I used to lie on the floor while they 'had a look'!! Remember then thinking, "oo-err, this is a bit heath robinson!"

That's really sad and awful that people and institutions get away with doing that. That lady must have been very distressed and it goes to show that some people don't have empathy. My 83 year old Dad was in an Adelaide hospital recently and overall I have to say the nurses definitely looked after him very well in a clinical way but the other professionals were a bit up themselves. I think sometimes that we use the "trust" word too lightly and have to remember that people need to earn your trust. It doesn't pay to be shy with some people. I feel very sorry for people who have no family or someone close to them to watch out for them and speak for them.

Guest cornish Busdriver

Thats just not right but it kinda made laugh after my mum was resently in hopital with water on the lungs and a heart attack.

They put her in her own private room as soon as she was well enough and off the tubes and drains as she was apperntly disturbing the other patients on the ward cause she likes to chat and chat a lot lol lol lol.

Guest Nick11

I have just read the article. Both my grandma and great aunty were regulars in there. It's a very old building that has seen better days but the quality of care was first rate.

I cannot believe it has gone downhill so quickly.

This happens all the time. My nan was left to die. One day when we turned up at the hospital, she had a massive bruise/lump on her head. When questioned, the nurses said she had fallen out of bed during the night! Funny that there were sides to the bed so how could she have fallen out?!! There was no mention of this incident in the notes!