Puratap

Guest Wersal Gummage

Guest Wersal Gummage

Just a couple of questions answered please.

Could anyone tell me how much they charge to fit a Puratap in your home and would you recommend having one ? I have looked on their web site but cant seem to find any prices.

I think you also have to have the filters changed every six or 12 months, do you know the cost of this.

Thanks very much :wubclub:

Guest caoimhe

I have heard them advertise on the radio for $129. You do need to change the filters each year and I was told its about $70 but apparently you can buy them yourself in Bunnings for about $25

Guest ade&emma

you can buy the filters yourself but puratap make it impossible for you to change them. im a plumber and thought i could, but you need a special tool for doing it with. they come out and change the filters for you for nothing when you buy the filters anyway.

Guest guest3462

Hi there, we have just had a filterite tap fitted which cost us $220 for a designer tap, filter and installation. The filter needs replacing every 12 months and costs $75 for their plumber to come and do it and check the system is still functioning. The difference between filterite and puratap is that you can buy the filters from bunnings for filtrite systems and replace your filter yourself if you wanted, but with puratap you have to get them changed through them. Filterite's number is (08) 8358 1268

We wouldn't be without ours now, the water is a nice as bottled water and when you do the "taste test" There is an immediate difference. Our kids drink loads more water than they did too, which is always a good thing ;-)

Hope this is helpful

Julia x

Guest guest569

When we had ours fitted 2 years ago it was $225 UNLESS you had a voucher from another customer ( recomendation ) then it was $130. They contact you every year to book a service and filter change for $75.

We got our voucher from an installer i flagged down. :notworthy:

Guest Guest75

I think they are good value and worth having in.

Can speak from experience here as the rentals have filters in from both Puratap and Filterite.

Very similar pricing for servicing,both service engineers are pleasant and helpful.

I think Filterite has the edge at $67 for a twin filter change - this is only a small family company as well.

At home I decided to install my own filter system. We are on rainwater for drinking and after watching birds pooping on the roof and realising where it was going.........:shocked:

Not recommend self install unless you get the equipment given and free filters.

It's a great system but cost a lot more tha te two companies above + I forget to change filters - but the above send out little reminders.:cute:

Just wondering if the water comes out cold/chilled or normal temperature? Thank you!

It comes out at normal temperature, so the trick of course is stock up on plastic bottles and then keep them in the fridge after refilling from the Puratap.

A Godsend in the summer and can save a lot of money in the long run.

Now I wont bore everyone on this subject, but basically the filters from puratap filter water at 0.45 micron which is the smallest you can get and filters out pretty much everything. The smallest filters that you can get from bunnings is 0.5 micron and this makes a big difference in the amount of chemicals that can then get through the filters.

The filter changes for Pura tap are $69 per year and a free service with it as well. Its a relatively small price to pay for filtered water. Works out at $1.28 (or something like that) a week - cheaper than buying bottled water.

Oh and no it doesnt come out chilled.

Good value though i think

• 1 year later...
Hi there, we have just had a filterite tap fitted which cost us $220 for a designer tap, filter and installation. The filter needs replacing every 12 months and costs $75 for their plumber to come and do it and check the system is still functioning.

wow $75 for a filter change? puratap is only $69, plus they have the 2 cartridge unit which has the two filters, im pretty sure most other filters only have the one filter cartridge that needs to be changed every 6 months.

I got one of those deigner taps that puratap make the other day, they're so pretty!