Internet Options

debbie lawrence

I am totally useless at most things technological, but does naked broadband mean that you just get broadband with no phone, thats what we are after, do we have to pay for additional line rental (told you i don't know whats whats).

Basically we need to skype the uk and gumtree, Facebook, EBay and PIA we rarely download films. Our housemate is moving out and has cancelled the Telstra bundle that we had (we won't use the telly or the home phone) but it means the phone line will be de-activated on friday, telstra just didnt understand what i was talking about when i asked about a new account in our name and said we wouldn't have an active phone line, I spent nearly an hour trying to explain but you'd think i was talking chinese, in the end i got so frustrated i'd lost the will to live.

Can anyone help on how long it will take to get connected again as due to family health problems back in the uk we need to be in touch asap and what sort of price and what i should be specifically be asking for, as i don't want to sign up to things we don't need.

Thanks everyone as any help will b appreciated

Debbie

Hi Debbie,

We got a 4G wifi device from Telstra. it allows up to 4 devices to connect at any time and will do all that you have said you'll be doing. Not overly expensive at 100 dollars to buy which includes a load of credit and when you top up you get a good bit for your money.

We will be getting a permanent braodband connection as we want to download films/sports etc but the fact we've had this for 2 months speaks volumes.......its pretty good! also handy when you go away, full broadband access anywhere including camping trips/hotel stays etc.

Tony & Sharon

its a wifi device that Sharon uses for her ipad and I use for my Toshiba tablet, we can also add iphones etc, you dont have to plug it in to you computer like a dongle. If you go to the Telstra shop at the end of Rundle Mall they can talk you through it but its dead simple, even for a technophile like me! happy to chat if you'd rather discuss - pm us if you want