Electricals!

Guest lilgal89

Guest lilgal89

Can anyone recommend anywhere to get electricals from? Fridge freezer, washing machine etc - nothing too high end as we're just starting out!

Thank you!

Where abouts are you? I'd suggest going to one of the big retail park homemaker places like the ones at Mile End or Gepps Cross and going round the different shops and playing them off against each other. There is far more of a culture of haggling for the best price here and if you are buying several items you should be able to get a good discount from them. Try places like Harvey Norman and The Good Guys. There is also a place online called appliances direct or something that has pretty good prices.

We checked out both Good Guys and Harvey Norman yesterday (next door to each other which helped). The Good Guys came in cheaper by a fair bit and had more of a range of electrical and white goods. Seemed to have more choice in the cheaper end of the market than Harvey Normans too. At least in what we were looking for.

Guest Guest75

Don't forget good old Radio Rentals - they do sell too!

We were recently shopping around for a fridge and washing machine ( both broke at once!) - they were quoting decent prices after a bit of haggling.

Then on TV it was announced that next day a 25% Off everything sale was on - Bingo!! -saved heaps.

Where ever you go, remember to ask for their lowest price, and walk away if they won't price match.

I always get the lowest price I can find on the internet, then go to the shops and bargain, with a dated price sheet downloaded.

I got $50 off JBHiFi on my last purchase doing it that way.

Where ever you go, remember to ask for their lowest price, and walk away if they won't price match.

I always get the lowest price I can find on the internet, then go to the shops and bargain, with a dated price sheet downloaded.

I got $50 off JBHiFi on my last purchase doing it that way.

I'm finding them not listing prices online but asking you to send a message to request price or pop in store very annoying. If they don't list the price online, I leave the site and take my business elsewhere to sites that do.