Jobs advertised with no salaries..unreal!

Guest rockpool crab

Guest rockpool crab

Hi there,

I'm trawling through "careerone" as you do and the amount of jobs I see and think...mmm..could possibly try that one then look for a salary..none stated. What's that all about. Can I only assume the jobs shown with no salaries mean that the wages are cack?

saw this..."executive assistant to the mayor"...

http://jobs.careerone.com.au/texis/jobsearch/details.html?id=48a6571148d13b0&q=research%20assistant&qField=All&qCity=Adelaide&qState=SA&qCountry=Australia&qSort=smart&qMatch=all&pp=10&view=1&page=1

This isn't, to be honest, the type of job I have at the moment..but I'm keeping my options completely open and will quite willingly do whatever it takes in the beginning to get a foot in the door and an ozzy company on my resume. But it's just so annoying there's no salary :-(

It's hard to make an informed judgement of what we "might" earn.

Rant over..lol...Carol Ann

Most of the jobs wont give a salary when advertised. Its something you discuss at the interviews! Well basically they say what you will get and if your still sitting there at the end the offer is acceptable!;)

Seriously though if you have a good look round all the jobs you can get an idea of the salaries involved from similar positions over here which will give you an idea if they are taking the :P out of you.

It's pretty standard here for the salary not to be advertised with the job. It's sometimes offered at the interview, and sometimes you're asked for your expectations! If you speak to agents or others in similar fields you may get a better idea of anticipated salaries. The tables on the gov website are very general - they were a mile away from what I was advised to ask for by my recruitment agent:cute:

Guest rockpool crab
Try Seek.com.au as well, not that they always give salaries either but I found there site more user friendly.

Hi Andrew, that site is much better as it's giving some salaries..so cheers for that...

also..

"The tables on the gov website are very general - they were a mile away from what I was advised to ask for by my recruitment agent" - Mezza...by this do you mean the gov. website salaries were showing higher or lower then the recruitment agency were telling you to go for?

Thanks for the pdf too with the IT salaries ..all good stuff folks...really appreciate you all replying.

Cheers for now... Carol Ann

Guest graandjac

:)Hi Carol, its just something you have to get used to , even in the papers 99% of the adverts dont give you a salary. But one thing i have noticed here is once you have a job its easy to shop around .......there are to many people looking for the "perfect" job when just to start getting one is the all important thing. cheers Graham

Guest Libby1971

In the UK, the salary of the teacher is stated on the offer letter, you sign it if you agree as it is your contract. Here, the offer letter does not mention specifics, is the contract and once you sign it then you are advised what your level of pay is. I have caused a bit of ill-feeling by asking to know the salary before I sign or agree to anything.