Visa activation

ischa

Hi All,

Just want some info regarding visa activation and time scales. We've applied for a 176 visa and have received an e-mail asking for medicals and police checks a few weeks ago. I know that you have 1 year from the date of the medicals to activate your visa.

If we can't move within the 1 year timeframe, does the whole family have to fly over to activate the visa or can the main applicant go on his own. Also, once the visa is activated how long do you have to move over ? I've read 5yrs, is this correct ?

Thanks,

Aireys

Hi, you have one year from the date of your medicals once your visa is granted. They give you a last entry date on your visa and the paperwork that comes with it, if you cant make the move by then then you all have to go through australian immigration and then your visa is valid for 5 years.

Guest The Dimmocks

Hi

Our 176 visa was granted on 23rd July 2009 and we have to activate it by 13th July 2010. Our medicals were done the end of May 09. I believe all visa holders need to activate before the initial entry date.

Michelle

Sometimes though you only have 6 months to validate the visa if someone on your application gets a cat b on their medicals. We did our meds in Feb, got the visa in May and had to enter oz by september as hubby got a cat b.

Guest Admar72

Hi Ischa'

Nice to see your posting agian i have seen alot of the members that had there visa put on hold posting again. I did ask my agent when we had visa's granted and all parties have to validate and then five years to arrive.

Adam & Maria